Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Basketball on my head

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 5:01 pm
Well, it feels like it's on my head. It's really next door.

So here's the thing. My neighbors have a nice large driveway & put up a basketball hoop for their son. Of course other neighbors came to use it, sometimes from a couple of blocks away, and I really wanted to ask them not to. In fact, I think I once asked the neighbor not to be so nice to any random kids who ask to use her hoop, because it is on my cheshbon. (I am sensitive to noise.) So while I couldn't ask her son not to play, why do I have to suffer from any random resident of my town?

But now her sons are all grown and married, and the grandchildren are not old enough to use it. Do you think it's rude to ask her to put it away in the garage or something, and take it out whenher married children are visiting? Because here it goes again...

imasinger

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 5:09 pm
Hugs. I suppose earplugs don't help?

amother

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 8:21 pm
Thanks for the hug!

I have to function, answer phone calls etc (which involve being able to hear) - or, I might take a nap. When suddenly, boom, boom.

Also, earplugs are uncomfortable. Why should I have to wear them? Let these kids' parents put up a hoop on their street, and let their neighbors get earplugs!

imokay

Post Thu, May 15 2014, 8:32 pm
As long as it's not late at night or really early morning, I personally wudnt ask....tho really I wud think it depends on ur relationship w them.... Im wondering y u hear it so acutely.... Mayb go to a dif part of the house... Or music... Headphones.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette