Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organizing closet with many sizes

amother

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 10:34 pm
So BH I just had my third baby and im trying to organize my closet. I have from size 8 until 14 and im trying to figure out should I really keep my tiny (well for me its tiny) size 8 stuff? My body changed after kids plus is it really going to ever fit again? What is the general opinion here?

zaq

Post Sun, May 18 2014, 11:39 pm
Give it away to a gmach. Instead of stagnating in your closet and making you feel bad about your present self, let your old wardrobe fulfill its mission on earth and give joy to someone in need. If you ever slim back down, you'll want to reward yourself with new clothes, not the same old stuff you wore before.

acccdac

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 6:21 am
When my baby was 6 months old I went through my closet and tried everything on. Whatever didn't fit was placed in another closet in the house. I gave myself 1 year to fit into the clothes. In the end 2 years passed. Whatever didn't fit at that point was given away.

SS6099

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 6:25 am
Skirts may be worth keeping. As for the other stuff, ask yourself honestly if you'll ever wear these things again being that they'll be out of style. If not, give to a gemach. Otherwise it will provide pure clutter.

real israeli

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 8:25 am
I definitely think its worth keeping. I had a wardrobe size 10-14 but was stuck in 12 and 14 for a year and a half after my baby. Then I went on a diet. It felt really good to fit back into my size 10 and I was quite glad not to have to go shopping all over again.

saw50st8

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 8:38 am
I keep my smaller and bigger clothes boxes up in the attic. I have room up there though, so its not a hardship to keep.

mummiedearest

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 9:45 am
I finally got rid of a lot of stuff from my larger/smaller sizes. (to give you an idea, I went from a size 14 to a size 4 skirt in a little over a year.) I find that after losing the weight and gaining some back, I don't fit the same old sizes. my proportions have changed, so dresses I used to wear need alterations in order to fit. I do my own alterations, but I don't have the patience to alter everything. I kept my best size 4 skirts just in case, but I got rid of most of my other stuff. keep anything that's classic, get rid of anything you won't want to wear later anyway.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 10:28 am
One question to ask yourself is "If this would fit perfectly, would I wear it?". Meaning, in terms of style, condition, etc. I find that answering that helps you look beyond just the size.

Kitten

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 12:04 pm
I keep the things that don't fit me in the back of my closet with my winter things (coat, etc.) when it's Summer and vice versa. But if you are never going to wear them, or you think they will never fit again because your body changed, give them away. It will make someone happy. I recently gave away the things I wore in my high school days because even if I stop eating, I don't see how they will fit in a size 0 again.

granolamom

Post Mon, May 19 2014, 9:31 pm
if its a classic style and you love it, keep it. otherwise pass it along to someone who will use it.

zaq

Post Tue, May 20 2014, 7:01 pm
Now, assuming you a. have plenty of closet space, b. have the emotional fortitude to see too-small clothing without tailspinning into depression or inhaling a box of cookies, c. have plenty of hangers:

Organize your closet bar like a rack in a store. Make dividers for each size out of round plastic lids of coffee cans, oatmeal cartons and the like. Cut halfway into the lid, then cut out a center disk slightly larger than the closet bar. Use a thick magic marker to write the size several times around the divider, on both sides, then slip it onto the closet bar. Hang your too-small things in the least accessible part of the closet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics