Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Fried potato kugel

Chanie

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 9:47 am
My sister makes a fried potato kugel that's delicious. I know that there is potato, onion, eggs salt , pepper ... maybe carrots ( kind of like any other kugel) but I'm not sure of the quantities, anyone make such a kugel? Please help.
(No I can not call my sister, since we are in different time zones and its erev shabbos)

greenfire

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 9:52 am
try an egg for every potatoe ... a small onion ... and leave out the carrots ... add a little garlic fresh or powdered ... fry in olive oil healthier and tastier ... I hope this helps ... enjoy!!!!!

Ima'la

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 9:52 am
so are we in different time zones Wink

I suspect you could use your regular recipe and just fry it.

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Apr 27 2007, 10:26 am
You can make the quantities the same, just have enough oil in the pan for frying. A trick for the kugel to flip well: Remove from heat and let it cool for at least ten minutes before you flip it.

also, it should be more dry on top already to indicate that it's ready to flip, without falling apart.

Some fry it covered over a low flame for a bit longer, but even pan-baking/frying.

My Pesach kugels are fried, and delicious. My kids like it much better than the usual baked one. Undeniably more fattening though Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes