Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Chestnut ridge, monsey

imamom7

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 8:10 pm
I'm trying to find out about chestnut ridge and the young couples moving there. What type of people? Are the ppl there fancy or more down to earth? How yeshivish is the crowd? Do most of the women work there?any info would be really appreciated

momX4

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 8:34 pm
chestnut ridge can mean a few different neighborhoods.

1)The birds/hungry hollow: its kollel/yeshivish with a mix of chasidish. All different age groups
2)off the 45 - young american type crowd. They have 2 shuls there already. Oldest kid is under 12.
3)off the 45 right near new jersey - new neighborhood. There are people living on both sides of the 45 there. I heard that 2 chasidish families moved in and there are litvish families there as well. They daven in Or vadas.
4) near childrens park. There are big houses for sale here. Yeshivish/litvish families moved there with large families.

This is a very upcoming neighborhood. Just 2 years ago it was very different. I would suggest calling a real estate agent. They can help you with questions as well. Reality teams is the one that pushed frum people to move there.

imamom7

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 9:07 pm
I'm talking about the second group- thanks for clarifying that- any more info?

fly on the wall

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 9:08 pm
My friend moved there. She's very yeshivish, large family, teaches hs, husband's in chinuch,....

momX4

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 9:42 pm
imamom7 wrote:
I'm talking about the second group- thanks for clarifying that- any more info?

Sorry, that all I know. My DH has a hobby call "house window shopping" so we learned about the neighborhood a bit.

As far as women working, I am the only SAHM in my neighborhood. It doesnt bother me at all.

mandr

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 11:01 pm
My cousin just moved to the area off 45 near NJ and are is chassidish.

Hooray

Post Wed, May 21 2014, 11:07 pm
Not really a chasidish crowd...your cousin is probably the minority if not the only one... More litvish/yeshivish families....very nice crowd

ntm1

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 12:54 pm
just moved there recently.... its a real nice mix with most people leaning to the frummer/simpler lifestyle....obviously there are always exceptions...but very normal/nice families.....not really chassidish at all.... a couple of families are on the heimish side. A mix od working and SAHM and a mix of learning and working fathers.... Love it here so far..

iamamother

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 12:59 pm
ntm1- which part of chestnut do u live in... im also looking into there... it sounds like its our type. can u list some streets that are included in that area?

ntm1

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 1:21 pm
Lawrence place, Eastbourne, Eldorado, Scotland Rd.- are some of the main streets

Scrabble123

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 1:23 pm
I know two chassidishe families that are planning on moving near to Chestnut Ridge near NJ. I think that they will have a very hard time with their neighbors in the beginning, but let's hope for the best!

iamamother

Post Thu, May 22 2014, 1:30 pm
thanks!

perseverance613

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 11:01 am
Could someone elaborate on the main differences between Children's park area and Scotland area? What is the difference in terms of people? What about shuls? What about area in general? Thank you!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries