Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Lots of sour cream Can I make cheese cake ?

ROFL

Post Sun, May 25 2014, 8:12 pm
So I have 4 sour creams. Anybody can help me come up with a creamy cheese cake from these?

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 6:29 am
Are you in Israel or US? I only know about israeli sour cream, but I find it interchangeable, if not better.

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 8:01 am
Look for a cheese cake that calls for a sour cream topping. For example:

Mama Androjna's Best Cheesecake
Crust:
4 oz. butter
1 1/4 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon sour cream
1/4 cup ground walnuts
1 Tablespoon rum
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
Filling:
16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Topping:
1 pint sour cream (that's 2 cups)
6 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup ground walnuts

For crust, mix butter, flour, sugar, sour cream, walnuts, rum and lemon rind. Press by hand into the bottom of a 7-1/2 by 12-inch glass baking pan. Let stand in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375 F.
For filling, mix cream cheese and sugar by hand until smooth and well blended. In mixer, beat eggs until thick and frothy. Fold in cream cheese and sugar mixture and lemon juice. Pour over crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Take out and cool for 10 minutes. Turn oven up to 400 F
For topping, mix sour cream until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla and walnuts; and mix all by hand. Spread over top of cheesecake evenly. Bake in 400 F oven for 5 minutes. Take out and cool completely before refrigerating. Best served cold.
Makes 12 servings.

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 8:07 am
Sour Cream Cheesecake with Vanilla Bean

18 Nabisco chocolate wafers, finely crushed
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 pound cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs at room temperature, lightly beaten
2/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar
1 vanilla bean, split in half lengthwise and seeds scraped
1 1/2 cups sour cream

1. In a bowl stir together crushed wafers and cinnamon with a fork. Pour in butter, and stir until mixture is moist. Press mixture into a 9-inch springform pan, forming a crust just over 1 inch high around the sides. you might think you need more wafers, but you don't. Press patiently until a tight, thin layer forms. Chill until needed.

2. Heat oven to 350 F with baking sheet on center rack. In an electric mixer, whisk cream cheese until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs, 2/3 cups sugar and seeds from vanilla bean, and whisk until very smooth. Scrape bowl with a spatula to break up lumps. Pour into crust, and place on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, blend sour cream with 3 tablespoons sugar. After 25 minutes, remove cake from oven, and let sit 5 minutes. Increase oven heat to 450 f. Gently spoon sour cream mixture on top, and spread evenly. Return cake to oven, and bake 7 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

12 servings.

Tamiri

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 8:17 am
Sour Cream Coffee Cake

Crumb Mixture:

1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped nuts

Cake Mixture:

3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 1 /2 cups sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Confectioners sugar

Combine all ingredients for crumb mixture in a small bowl. Mix with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; set aside.

Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside/

Cream butter with sugar. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour mixture. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer 2 minutes. Spoon about 2 cups of the batter into a non-stick 12 cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Carefully spoon 2 cups of batter spreading it to cover crumbs. Repeat layers with remaining crumb mixture then batter. Bake at 350 F for 55 to 60 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack or serving platter. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar just before serving.
Makes 16 servings.

ROFL

Post Mon, May 26 2014, 11:16 pm
Thanks tamari . Will try to make some of these
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals