Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
To Freeze Or not to Freeze?

coconutbutter

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 12:32 pm
I am Be'H making a Siyum for my husband on Sunday. I made a lot of the things today and am not sure if it's worth it/better to freeze....

So here are the following in question:

- Chocolate chip cookies: what's the best storage method? I've heard that plastic vs. glass keeps them fresh and soft but I have filled my only good Tupperware...should I put the rest in a ziplock? Freeze?

- Meat puffs: Chopped meat, sauteed mushroom and onion, in puff pastry dough. Freeze/Refrigerate? Pan (double wrapped foil???)

- Shish Kabobs....is it possible to get all the veggies and chicken on the sticks raw and then freeze them like that? (Tomato, pepper, onion, zucchini) Or do I need to leave that for Sunday?

- Wings.....leave in the fridge or freeze and defrost on Motzei Shabbos? I get really paranoid about chicken because they always seem to have such a short fridge life (Idk if it's the fridge or the chickens here but....I've had two wasted chickens so far and it's really a shame.)

What else goes with this menu that I can do in advance? Bread I'll pick up day of....What else am I missing?

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 05 2014, 11:22 pm
coconutbutter wrote:
I am Be'H making a Siyum for my husband on Sunday. I made a lot of the things today and am not sure if it's worth it/better to freeze....

So here are the following in question:

- Chocolate chip cookies: what's the best storage method? I've heard that plastic vs. glass keeps them fresh and soft but I have filled my only good Tupperware...should I put the rest in a ziplock? Freeze?

- Meat puffs: Chopped meat, sauteed mushroom and onion, in puff pastry dough. Freeze/Refrigerate? Pan (double wrapped foil???)

- Shish Kabobs....is it possible to get all the veggies and chicken on the sticks raw and then freeze them like that? (Tomato, pepper, onion, zucchini) Or do I need to leave that for Sunday?

- Wings.....leave in the fridge or freeze and defrost on Motzei Shabbos? I get really paranoid about chicken because they always seem to have such a short fridge life (Idk if it's the fridge or the chickens here but....I've had two wasted chickens so far and it's really a shame.)

What else goes with this menu that I can do in advance? Bread I'll pick up day of....What else am I missing?
-Freeze the cookies in Ziploc bags.
-Wrap the meat puffs well in foil, then place the foiled wrapped meat into Ziploc bags. Make sure you squeeze out all air before sealing/zipping.
-How will you be cooking the kebabs? The raw frozen veg will become soggy, but if you will be barbecuing them, I think you can freeze.
-Freeze wings and defrost MS.

-You can purchase frozen corn on the cob or fresh corn on the cob and shuck the ears of corn in advance then refrigerate.
-You can also purchase frozen french fries and just bake before serving.
-Potato salad, pasta salad, cole slaw and cucumber salad lasts a few days in the fridge so you can prepare them now.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen