Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What puts you in a better mood?
1  2  Next

Mrs. Mommy

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 2:54 pm
I love ice cream. I think it was G-d's gift to humanity! My workmates all make fun of me when I am having a bad day that I should tell me husband to buy me ice cream tonight... and it really workds to cheer me up!!! What works for you?!?

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:01 pm
I am right with you there - I LOVE ICECREAM too!!!

gold21

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:04 pm
baths, massages, good videos, ice cappucino, shopping successfully

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:05 pm
I like to go for a walk or do something physical like working outside, going to the gym, etc.

GramaNewYork

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:11 pm
Just say my granddaughter's name and a smile will light up my face and all my troubles disappear Smile

baseballmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:15 pm
Reading a book or listening to a yankees game (although recently yankee games have only been putting me in a worse mood) - food makes me feel better in teh moment and then makes me feel worse, much worse...except maybe warm potato soup...that always makes me happy. yummy...now I'm getting hungry.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:15 pm
nah, it's too cold against my teeth, I can't eat dairy anymore, and the tofutti stuff is too sweet and too heavy/filling.

dr pepper

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 3:20 pm
I like watching a funny movie.

also sleep. if I can take a nap when I'm upset, I feel sooo much better when I wake up.

funny50

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 6:57 pm
a long hot bath

shoy18

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:01 pm
3cutiesmommy wrote:
listening to a yankees game (although recently yankee games have only been putting me in a worse mood) .

Tell me about it I cant watch them anymore its just to much for me. Those DUMB PITCHERS AHHHHHH!!

S.Shcwartz

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:04 pm
A good book.

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:55 pm
Yea, let's hear it for ice cream!!! (See my analogy for diff types of yahadus--it was no accident that I chose ice cream.) I will gladly pass up the steak or the pastrami if there is the remotest possibility that ice cream may shortly be in the vicinity. In fact, I should really give up ice cream for the Nine days--that would make me a lot more mournful than giving up meat.

that being said--good books, cute delicious babies or a good sentimental chick flick will also work--but they work better when accompanied by ice cream.

chen

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 8:56 pm
then there are my two sons, who are a comedy act in themselves, whether they mean to be or not. LOL

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 9:58 pm
Doing something creative always helps me: gardening, of course, organizing the children's projects or photos, baking bread...

Green, I would have thought you'd say a 'lchaim puts you in a better mood! Drunken Smile Smile (JK, of course)

ShiraMiri

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:01 pm
Snuggling with my 4 year old, who is my total sunshine.

baseballmom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:08 pm
shoy18 wrote:
3cutiesmommy wrote:
listening to a yankees game (although recently yankee games have only been putting me in a worse mood) .

Tell me about it I cant watch them anymore its just to much for me. Those DUMB PITCHERS AHHHHHH!!

yay - does this mean that I've found a fellow sports fan? Frum female sports fans (the kind that listen to every babseball game not on shabbos or yom tov) are few and far between...

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:08 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:

Green, I would have thought you'd say a 'lchaim puts you in a better mood! Drunken Smile Smile (JK, of course)

hey you could say l'chaim on anything ... on pesach my son broke 2 pieces off a chocolate bar gave me one and said l'chaim ... so ... fun is where you make it ... l'chaim is to own up to it ... so here's to a better mood on anything intoxicating ... the smell of a flower ... a phone call from a sister ... the hug of a child or perhaps your mother who knows you need it ... a mother's day card from your husband ... a look a glance ... a nice word to someone whether they need it or not ... cause who in the world doesn't need love ... l'chaim to YOU!!! Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile

shoy18

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:09 pm
3cutiesmommy wrote:
shoy18 wrote:
3cutiesmommy wrote:

yay - does this mean that I've found a fellow sports fan? Frum female sports fans (the kind that listen to every babseball game not on shabbos or yom tov) are few and far between...

you've definitly found one, although I usually watch them, but if I'm in the car I turn on the radio.

btMOMtoFFBs

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:19 pm
Green, Too bad I didn't read your post before I noshed on some delicious chocolate malted balls from Trader Joes--- definitely worthy of a l'chaim.

greenfire

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 10:24 pm
btMOMtoFFBs wrote:
Green, Too bad I didn't read your post before I noshed on some delicious chocolate malted balls from Trader Joes--- definitely worthy of a l'chaim.

Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics