Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Buying a Van

amother

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:37 pm
I need some advice if you happen to have a large family. I am almost up to my fourth and would like to purchase a van. The question is wether it makes sense to buy a mini van, lease one for 3 years which would equal half the price of the van, or get a 12 passenger van? We live in brooklyn so there is a lot of transportation. In terms of like keeping a new mini van for the next ten years but who knows how large the family can get and where do you put everyone or do you use two cars. We have an old car 5 seater right now.

Thanks for your time

red sea

Post Mon, Apr 30 2007, 7:43 pm
I would think to get an 8 seater minivan for now. You can always sell &A get bigger later

shanie5

Post Tue, May 01 2007, 1:34 pm
I agree w/ red. a minivan is easier to park and uses less gas too. a 12 seater is a gas guzzler and harder to find parking for. when family size grows, there may not be too many occassions when all are going together.

we take 2 cars if the whole family travels, but that doesnt happen too often anymore.

amother

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 5:18 pm
We just got a minivan, toyota sienna, second hand. You save the cost of a new one, and they are supposed to last long. This way if I need to get a bigger van etc. I can still do so in a couple of years and sell this one. I think leasing is money down the drain.

amother

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 5:36 pm
It's hard to get an eight seater used and not pay a lot. The eight seaters have not been out that long so if you are looking to spend around ten or twelve grand forget about it!

SMG

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 5:51 pm
My husband is in auto sales/brokering and can get you amazing deals on new, used and leased vehicles. He sells a lot of minivans including 8 seaters. He has great ideas & advice and many, many happy customers. He sells in NY, the tri-state area, the midwest, East coast and ships all over the country. PM me if you want some more info or want to get in touch with him.

ChavieK

Post Wed, May 02 2007, 11:08 pm
My 12 seater just died. I was hoping to get one more year. But alas we have to decided now if we are ready to downsize. We have 5 kids still at home but one drives, & 1 married will be living close by. I am inclined to the 8 seater. The 12's use A LOT of gas. Right now it's about $110 per fill up.The parts are expensive too. Living in Brooklyn you don't have to carpool, that's my big reason to maybe get another 12.We did fine with an 8 seater until I was pg with #7, we had extra seatbelts installed so if we neede we could get 10 into it ,if they were little kids.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics