Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Dr Henry Hassan

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 8:28 pm
Doesn anyone have any expeierence using dr Hassan to diagnose and treat ADHD?

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 7:21 pm
Bump!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 7:27 pm
Yes I used him for my child. He basically did a computer test on my daughter to test for ADHD and turns out she has it and is now on medication for it. What would you like to know?
We went through several meds before we found the right one.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 7:38 pm
First of all I called to schedule an appointment and didn't get a hold of anyone left a message in the voice mail at the same time I was looking at their website and booked an apointment online. But I am not sure if that is all their is to making an appointment I also want to know if my child should take whatever meds I have him on from a diff doc when bringing him in. So I am a little turned off by the fact I made an appointment just online
Is there an office staff? Are they reachable usually during the day?

How long was your initial appointment. Were you able to contact the doc to discuss concerns ?did u need to go back into the office to discuss med changes ?

What are your follow up visits like?

Thanks

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:21 pm
Ive never made an appt online. It is hard to reach the office. When you call it says press 3 for emergencies and I press 3 bec otherwise I dont get through.
The appt itself takes awhile bec they first do the computer test which takes 15 min but rt when you get there tell the secretary you are taking the computer test. Im not sure whether the dr would want your child tested with or without being on the meds from the other dr so you should ask the office or email them (I think they are more responsive to emails) whether you should give your child his meds the day of the test.
At the first follow up visit they will retest him to see if he scored better being on the meds and they will weigh him to make sure hes not losing too much weight. You dont spend that much time with the dr himself. He basically tells you how he did on the computer test, you spend about 10 min with him.

debsey

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 8:23 pm
Why not ask Relief if he's good?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)