Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
How do you bake without pareve utensils?

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 1:00 pm
The only parve thing I own is a single knife. Everything else is either milchigs or fleishigs. Does it matter which type of utensils I use to bake brownies for Shabbos if everything is kept cold?

Pineapple

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 1:56 pm
Aylor

CatLady

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 2:22 pm
Get thee to a Dollarama.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 2:24 pm
OP here: Can I get some REAL answers please? Thanks

oliveoil

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 2:27 pm
how can everything be kept cold if it's going in the oven?!

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 2:33 pm
Because I keep the brownies covered in the oven and only use throw away aluminum pans. What I'm talking about is before it enters the oven, there is no heat involved at all. So that being said, does it really matter which type of utensils I use?

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 2:34 pm
There are different halachic opinions, which is why no one here can answer you. Some hold that food baked in a fleishig oven can't be eaten with milchig. Some hold that you can bake bread in a fleishig oven and then cut a slice and make grilled cheese with it. And everything in between.

penguin

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 5:10 pm
As far as utensils, if they are cold and absolutely clean, it's as if they are pareve. (Not having been used for 24 hours might apply only to hot, I am not sure).

However, if you use a knife to cut an onion or other sharp food (and the list of sharp foods could be surprising) then it does absorb taste even when cold.

There are several factors, so best to ask!

But, if you have a bowl, fork, mixer that were not used 24 hours, & perfectly clean, you should be okay.

amother

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 5:13 pm
penguin wrote:
As far as utensils, if they are cold and absolutely clean, it's as if they are pareve. (Not having been used for 24 hours might apply only to hot, I am not sure).

However, if you use a knife to cut an onion or other sharp food (and the list of sharp foods could be surprising) then it does absorb taste even when cold.

There are several factors, so best to ask!

But, if you have a bowl, fork, mixer that were not used 24 hours, & perfectly clean, you should be okay.

AYLOR mine says what you say is true as long as it was washed in cold water.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen