Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pimples everywhere

amother

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:36 pm
my month old DS has tons and tons of little pimples all over his face, and I even noticed a drop on his ear. I know thats pretty normal for a newborn. but I just noticed some little pimples on his leg. is that something to check out, like all the pimples could be a rash, or is it normal? tia. anon because at least half the world heard this about my DS

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:44 pm
Yes, see a doctor.

amother

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:54 pm
thank you

chani8

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 3:48 am
I find the hormone pimple thing more common on baby girls.

Could it be a heat rash? (eta- a reaction to soap? or lotion? or formula?)

Of course, with newborn, it's always best to check things out with your doctor.

blossoming

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 4:47 am
all my kids had it and it's very normal for a newborn.
It goes away after about a month.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 6:05 am
Those little pimples are Normal when they come and go. If they are staying then you should make sure your baby is not overheating. Many (most) parents bundle their infants with hats and blankets but it's the summer now and you don't need to do that. Babies run hot- even warmer than us. Their necks are not distinguished and they sit directly on top of this shoulders. That skin to skin contact warms them even more. When we hold them or blanket them it becomes like a sauna for them. Now, I said most parents bundle their infants so most people will disagree with me (I'm prepared) but I had this conversation with the pediatrician on Friday as well and we were both in agreement, 100%. When I walked in with my baby with a onesie and no blanket the doctor complemented me- I told him people look at me like I'm crazy, I have a blanket and if I feel too cool or the baby feels cool then I use it but for the most part in this summer weather we don't use it. The doctor said that's exactly how I should be going about things. The dr said pimples can come from overheating.

Always watch the temperature of the baby on the car seat too during the summer. They can get extremely hot in there.

amother

Post Sun, Jun 22 2014, 6:43 pm
op here. thanks everyone

my baby wears a onesie with no blanket outside Cool I guess im as crazy as you Wink
(my baby is actually a girl, chani8, but I wanted to disguise myself a drop LOL backfired on me)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics