Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Classifieds
Need to sell my sheitel!
1  2  Next

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 4:45 pm
I am trying to sell my never been worn sheitel because the color is not right for me at all. Does anyone have any advice about the easiest way to do this? I can't buy a new sheitel until I sell this one! I've been told to just sell it on ebay, but it just seems too complicated. I would appreciate any ideas! Thanks!

Dev80

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 4:51 pm
Do you like the style/fit enough that you can just dye it? I dyed a sheital that I liked but was totally wrong color for me and 2+ years later the color has held.

There are consignment shops in different cities, maybe you can share where you live or try to find out if your city has one? (Consigmnent lady markets your sheital, if buyer is found she gets a percentage and you get a nice amount depending on how much it sold for).

You can also try advertising in any of your local list servs but I always wonder if people really buy sheitals through that (maybe they do!)

Lots of success that must be so frustrating to have it sitting there unworn

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 5:09 pm
Facebook

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 5:42 pm
Did you speak to the shaitel macher who sold it to you?

1. Maybe something can still be done
2. She will have ideas about reselling it

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 6:14 pm
taglesswigs.com (I think. google malka Greenblatt/tagless wigs)

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 6:27 pm
Maybe put an ad in a frum newspaper.

Maybe sell it to that eBay seller sometimes mentioned here. It isn't hard to sell on eBay. Just send it out after you have been paid. Right after, immediately. You will be paying postage.

This is the guy. I have never had dealings with him.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-B.....45741

You might contact him and ask if he can use it. Of course he will want to pay a wholesale price.

Dyeing it might be simplest, or having shading woven into it.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 7:24 pm
Post a pic!

I bought my favorite sheitel right here, from another poster.

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 8:32 pm
Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm posting a couple of pictures. It's a Claire Accuhair, 100% European hair, but I'm not sure how many inches (or how you measure to find out), or the number of the color. I bought it a few years ago, but never wore it (or cut it) because I didn't know what to do. I would want to get about $1200 for it. If anyone is interested, I can try to take better pictures tomorrow. Thanks also for the information about the eBay guy, I'll try to contact him if this doesn't work out.
...wait, can anyone tell me how to attach the pictures I took? TIA!

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 9:51 pm
People will want to know how many inches from the crown to the bottom of the hair at the back. And from the top of the head to the ends of the sides. (Give the cm equivalent for all measurements, in parentheses.)

They will want to know inches from crown to ends of bangs.

They will want pictures of it, on a Styrofoam head: from the front, from both sides, from the back, and the inside (turn it inside out). That's five pictures.

Remember, someone who will be re-selling it and not wearing it isn't going to give you a retail price. They have to make their cut. If you can sell to the end user, you get more.

It is good you have mentioned when you got it. That might matter. Say if anything has ever been done to it, such as tinting, or washing, conditioning.

Tell the origin of the hair. Tell if it is Remy hair, if you know. Describe its feel and fullness.

Say if it has ever been worn at all.

Say if it still has tags on it.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 9:54 pm
You'll need the color (2,4,6, etc). Also be honest about how much you paid for it. People should know the value.

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 9:57 pm
Thanks Dolly Walsh. Nothing has been done to the sheitel, it has just been sitting on a sheitel head next to my other sheitels. I can take all those pictures (I did already take a couple), but I don't know how to post them! Can anyone tell me how?

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:01 pm
Also, it's not Remy hair, it's a very good quality European hair Claire,

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:02 pm
The color is very light brown/ blond. How do I find out the number of the color?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:04 pm
Look on the tag and copy down anything it says. How much did you pay for it?

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:12 pm
I honestly don't remember how much, but I said 1200 because today I spoke to the person who sold it to me, and she said it should be worth about 1200 dollars, she actually suggested selling it on ebay, the only thing it says on the tags are Claire Accuhair and 100% European, thanks.

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:26 pm
Take it to the shaitel macher who sold it. She'll know what color it is since she deals with this company's sheitels.

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:29 pm
Thanks Scrabble, that's a good point! I didn't think of asking her when I spoke to her today.

blueberrypie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:34 pm
Does anyone know how I can post the pictures I took with my cell phone? Thanks.

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 12:09 am
Email them to yourself, then save the pictures onto your computer. Then follow the directions on whatever website you want to post them on. But they need to first be on your computer's C drive. After you save them, you can fiddle with the exposure and all. Or not. Use daylight.

Show a photo of the very top of the head, in good daylight.

Lady Bug

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 12:16 am
Can you ask your sheitel macher to sell it for you for a percentage?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics