Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Moving right after Birth - a/o w experience?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 2:53 am
Has a/o had any experience moving from one city to another a month after they gave birth?

I'm due with my second and plan to move from Israel back to the US a month after I give birth. Should I be considering the option of doing this all BEFORE I give birth? Is moving with 2 kids (one a newborn) hard?

Please help!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 10:33 am
Make lists of what you plan on bringing back and what you plan on leaving.
And then start selling. And finding people to bring back bags for you. Especially stuff you will not be using until later - like clothes that don't fit your oldest anymore but you will not need for your baby yet. Or toys. Your clothing, non maternity, seasonal etc.
Depending on when you plan on moving\staying you may have an easier time selling things if you sell it when the new crowd moves in at the start of the zman rather then the middle - so you may want to put some thought into that.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 9:37 pm
My MIL moved across the country with a newborn (a few weeks old) and 2 toddlers.

I never asked her how she did it exactly, but knowing her she got lots of help! I also agree that you should do as much as possible in advance and make lists so you can delegate everything else.

maliza

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:38 pm
I moved overseas with two-week old twins and several children all under the age of 10. I didn't really have extra help and although we had minimal belongings, it still added up to a lot of suitcases. The most helpful thing would probably have been an extra pair of hands for all the luggage handling.

Moving into a new home and purchasing what we needed - it somehow got done - and we didn't even own a car at that point!

Anyway, try to be as organized as possible in advance. Know what you pack into which bags and make sure important items are easily accessible. Moving is never easy on anyone. Remember: It will soon be behind you! B'mazal tov - it should all go smoothly and easily for you.

RachelEve14

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 6:31 am
I personally think that it is easier to move with a young baby than pregnant, but make sure you leave enough time after the birth IY"H to take care of all the necessary paperwork. Are you expecting to leave a month after you are due? Or even if you are 2 weeks late and have a c-section or the baby has an issue you left a month after. I personally would not want to make an overseas move that soon after birht. You need passports, misrad hapinim and all that jazz. If you were moving within the same country or city it would be different.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics