Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Paskesz Golden Harvest Honey Oat Crunch cereal

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 11:46 pm
DH is makpid to only buy cereal from Jewish brands. Therefore, I was really excited when Paskesz came out with a new line of cereals, different to the other heimishe cereals on the market, which only had flavors such as corn flakes, crisp rice, and toasted oats. My favorite is the Honey Oat Crunch, and we've been buying it regularly over the last few months. However, I'm wondering if they changed the recipe. The latest package seems to have way more corn flakes mixed in, instead of the bran, and obviously the taste isn't nearly as good. Are they trying to cut costs? Am I imagining it? Or is it possible the batch wasn't mixed well, and my box ended up with more of the corn? Anyone else notice a difference?

Lady Bug

Post Sat, Aug 02 2014, 11:47 pm
Call up the company and ask.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 8:53 am
Lady Bug wrote:
Call up the company and ask.
Exactly what I'm planning to do, or to email them, but I would first like to see if anyone else noticed the change. If it's a fluke, I won't bother.

Watermellon

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 10:19 am
I did notice a change in taste, but since I usually mix it with regular bran flakes, I didn't realize the cf/bf ratio had changed. I thought it was my imagination!

OhWow!

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 10:59 am
I also love that cereal and I haven't seen any difference in the taste or consistency lately.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen