Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please, Non Vaccinators ONLY - I need your help
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next

starmarket

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 4:51 pm
A quick glance at the ingredients on the CDC's website paints a pretty clear picture....just sayin.

sequoia

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 5:07 pm
starmarket wrote:
A quick glance at the ingredients on the CDC's website paints a pretty clear picture....just sayin.

No, no it doesn't. This is the problem: you see the ingredients in vaccines; you don't see the effects of the illnesses they prevent. One is directly in front of your eyes, the other is theoretical.

What you DON'T know hurts you much more than what you DO know.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 5:08 pm
(Take a bit longer than a quick peek at the CDC site, and you'll actually come up with a different answer than a carte blanche vaccinate everyone for everything way of thinking....)

Homework assignment:
Please prove for every "vaccine preventable disease" how unvaccinated individuals transmit disease more than vaccinated individuals. In some cases, it is true. In many others, it is not. I really never understand these blanket vaccinate/don't vaccinate discussions, and this assumption that kids get sick from unvaccinated children, because only unvaccinated children transmit disease. That is many times not the case for specific illnesses.

/critical thinking

{Not that I should post here, because I'm not a non-vaccinator...but I doubt OP will mind my post}

starmarket

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 5:09 pm
Those are two separate things. The ingredients are gross. Hopefully they work. We vax.

SorGold

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 5:43 pm
So where are all the non vaxers? Why aren't they responding? Do u mean to tell me they just blindly "dont vax" and hope for the best.
Alot of people have stories about contracting diseases from unvaxed kids. Where are the non vaxers saying their kids either never got the diseases or got them and sailed through them because they did xzy??

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 6:25 pm
my son was born with a primary immune deficiency- his body can't recognize infections and mount a response due to a lack of B cells.
The condition is treatable with weekly doses of gamma globulin, however the gamma globulin only provides passive immunity and where he to contract measeles, rubella or even chicken pox he could die.
I thank Hashem every day that he was born in the age of vaccines so that the chances of him being exposed to something life threatening are much lower.
I daven every day that non vaccinators like you don't endager his health by choosing not to vaccinate and still sending your kids out to infect the general population. I have no problems with your health choices. just your imposition on my kids health by default.
The threat to me is real and unimaginably scary.
I hope you never know such fear and that your kids stay healthy even without the tools created to assist you in this mission.
Hatzlacha Rabbah and may we only have healthy happy children.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 6:28 pm
Hi op, I didn't read the whole thread because I'm just assuming that it's the usual pointless vax fight, but to answer your question: I was told if not vaxxing that it's important to breast feed for as long as possible (preferably 2+ years) and not to send to daycare (also preferably for 1st two years). Read dr sears "the vaccine book" for a lot of useful info and guidance in this area. Good luck, hope you make the right choices for your family.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 6:47 pm
OP, try reading the Weston A Price Foundation's website. They follow this type of lifestyle of constantly building up the immune system with proper foods, limited sugar and no processed foods, no drugs, no toxicity buildup etc. Good luck and I'm sorry your thread was totally ignored.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:08 pm
amother wrote:
Hi op, I didn't read the whole thread because I'm just assuming that it's the usual pointless vax fight, but to answer your question: I was told if not vaxxing that it's important to breast feed for as long as possible (preferably 2+ years) and not to send to daycare (also preferably for 1st two years). Read dr sears "the vaccine book" for a lot of useful info and guidance in this area. Good luck, hope you make the right choices for your family.

It is not possible to not send to daycare. If you have other children.

If you have older children, they will have been running around, going to school. Then they come home. Voila, instant daycare - like situation.

Diseases are part of nature. They are just plain there. The spend time in other people and also run around the air and settle onto surfaces where they eventually die, some fast, some slowly, some never. It's just a big messy world but we can handle it. There are zillions of diseases - there are many, many common cold viruses - but only a short list of diseases described as "dread" and "dread childhood diseases". These are the ones the vaccines address.

They are "dread" because the death rate is quite high for the very young.

Nobody is trying to rid the world of all disease or all microbes, just these very bad ones.

Living healthy and without modern chemicals may be an interesting thing to do but it has nothing to do with combatting these diseases or boosting immunity to them.

These "dread" diseases killed children long before the invention of modern soaps, detergents, fertilizers, pesticides, plastics, antibiotics, and food preservatives.

In the highly organic, pesticide-free, hormone-free, antibiotic-free, nineteenth century, when soap was made of fat and ash, and fertilizer was dead fish or animal dung, lots of children died from these diseases.

To address the OP's original question: there isn't any way to "boost immunity", there are just ways to boost general health. General health isn't going to guarantee recovery from diseases that seem especially deadly to infants under six months. While you can get them at any age, these diseases have made their fame by being ... childhood diseases.

We have not ignored the OP's heartfelt request.

We have answered it: it can't be done, OP. Health is just strength, it isn't a get out of jail card.

A superbly healthy, breast-fed, organically raised, infant under six months can still die of these diseases. Or be left with ongoing respiratory problems from whooping cough, as described above by another poster.

Those who allow these diseases to be common in older children are going to be killing the under-six month infants, possibly their own.

The diseases are kept rare by universal vaccinating of the older children, starting at six months.

Even though those older children might survive the diseases, their getting the diseases will deprive them of younger siblings. And of course in time, there are simply fewer people around.

To those who didn't read the thread - this was a particularly good thread, and would re-pay reading.

One cannot boost immunity as a specific action. Immunity is just part of overall health, and can be damaged, but not specifically boosted. It can be specifically stimulated toward protection from specific diseases, by vaccination.

Reading ingredient lists means little to non-chemists.

If you really knew the name of every chemical you eat and wear, you would hide under the bed and never come out. Such long names.

We are designed to survive, and have been given the tools. Let us not be afraid.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:17 pm
OP here

Whoa whoa look at you all! You really listened to my question!

But here's the thing:

What I really meant to write was ' I chose not to vaccinate my child up until the age of 12 months' ( I apologize for the late update)

I didn't realize that I omitted those few words which hopefully makes a world of a difference to all pro vaxers out there.

And to be more clear:

My baby is 3 months old and is breastfed exclusively. I do try to avoid dairy and sugar so hopefully I am on the right path.

Should an ear infection come - I would try to avoid antibiotics by using Willow garlic oil instead.

Any other suggestions to build a baby's immune system?

And is it pointless to conclude with "non vaxers ONLY please reply" ? Wink

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:26 pm
You can't build his immune system. Except by handily handing his body crib notes from the immunity in your milk.

Why shouldn't you eat dairy? You yourself are producing dairy.

Sugar isn't particularly good for you, but your milk certainly contains milk sugar, lactose, and it is supposed to.

Please work with a pediatrician even if you want to lean toward natural methods; there are licensed physicians specializing in pediatrics who may be able to guide you safely that way.

Making it up as you go along isn't a great idea.

What is this "hopefully I am on the right path"

???

You have had a delicious baby. You are nursing.

Please don't be scared. The "right path" is your way of life. Meaning, you are legally married, you are with his father, you are Torah observant, and you seem reasonably cheerful.

Mazel Tov. It's always scary to have a first baby but try to feel confident. Beware of anything weird, newfangled, too clever, or too creative. Stay with what has worked.

Hugs.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:37 pm
Why Dolly? The right path could be used as in the right path to health. Google it. It's not limited to what you explained.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:42 pm
OP, my advice still stands... If you want natural, find a natural minded pediatrician who will work with you and GUIDE you. You should not be fighting the establishment, and you should not be figuring this out and making decisions alone based on what some anonymous women on a forum tell you.

Dolly Welsh

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 7:54 pm
amother wrote:
Why Dolly? The right path could be used as in the right path to health. Google it. It's not limited to what you explained.

She has stated she has a healthy baby. The path that got her that was: a religious marriage, clean, warm living conditions, drinkable water, and enough normal food. Her path has already proven itself with this good outcome.

She has no reason to question the path that got her here, and no grounds for worrying about her path.

Listen to Ma Belle Vie. Doctors are trained to work with patients' notions, so that these notions don't undermine science or hurt anybody, which they easily can.

It is entirely natural for a new mother to be anxious and all. I certainly was. I still am. It doesn't go away. You just have to learn to ignore that mental nonsense right now, at three months, OP. Anxiety is not good for children, so scotch yours.

Really. You will be fine.

Your path is Torah. The One who gave you the baby will keep him or her safe.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 8:01 pm
The non-vaxers are not responding seeing that the vaxers have chosen to ignore OP's request and are out in full force bashing. OP, please ask again, as mentioned, on Natural Parenting.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 11 2014, 11:29 pm
A quick search got me this link from the CDC website where you can download a pdf file listing the ingredients of each vaccine in a chart form.
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pu.....2.pdf
I scanned through quickly and came across one common ingredient in many vaccines so I googled that ingredient this is the results I got on formaldehyde
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki.....afety
I wonder how much of it is actually in the vaccines we 'inject' into our tiny infants and they usually get more than one vaccine at a time.
I'm curious too if all the allergies, ear infection, asthma, adhd, learning problems, sids, autoimmune diseases ... are long lasting affects of this ingredient or any other one that is injected in infants-age 5, however because lots of these conditions come out only much later we don't know or maybe don't want to know the true answer.

Anonymous because of the fact saying something not 100% pro vax will start a bashing game as in previous experiences on this site. I will let you all bash Amother rather than personally attacking 'me'

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:32 am
amother wrote:
A quick search got me this link from the CDC website where you can download a pdf file listing the ingredients of each vaccine in a chart form.
http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pu.....2.pdf
I scanned through quickly and came across one common ingredient in many vaccines so I googled that ingredient this is the results I got on formaldehyde
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki.....afety
I wonder how much of it is actually in the vaccines we 'inject' into our tiny infants and they usually get more than one vaccine at a time.
I'm curious too if all the allergies, ear infection, asthma, adhd, learning problems, sids, autoimmune diseases ... are long lasting affects of this ingredient or any other one that is injected in infants-age 5, however because lots of these conditions come out only much later we don't know or maybe don't want to know the true answer.

Anonymous because of the fact saying something not 100% pro vax will start a bashing game as in previous experiences on this site. I will let you all bash Amother rather than personally attacking 'me'

Doubtful, as those problems have existed since time immemorial.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:44 am
Could we please take this argument to a new thread? Spinoff?

imokay

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 6:46 am
(formaldehyde is present many common foods, such as pears, and in much greater quantities too, much greater than the small amounts used in vaccines which wudnt even effect the formaldehyde levels in a child's bloodstream)

miami85

Post Tue, Aug 12 2014, 7:14 am
amother wrote:
No sugar. No processed foods. Limited gluten. I make everything from scratch. Daily probiotics and fermented foods. Raw dairy. Essential oils or homeopathy for medical issues. We take fermented cod liver oil. We eat Organic when at all possible. Natural cleaning and homecare products. No antibiotics EVER unless absolutely crucial. Breastfeed till after 2. Ideally no daycare.
And yes with everything that you may or may not do... your child will probably get whooping cough and chicken pox. Be prepared and expect that. They may even get measles or other diseases that we vaccinate for but be prepared mentally and use natural remedies.

I'm asking in all honesty, as I am vaccinate and so are my kids--does this lifestyle really make you healthier?
Page 4 of 13   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 11  12  13  Next Recent Topics