Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Is this gross?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Who is right, me or DH
Justanothermother is a super balubusta.  
 32%  [ 13 ]
I'm not coming to you for a Shabbos meal.  
 67%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 40

greenfire

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 2:43 pm
any other interesting things you are hiding from your dh

chocolate moose

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 3:49 pm
JusAnother, I have seen sweet silver sweeping the table sets. With MOther's Day comng up....

justanothermother

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 4:00 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

jewgal84

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 4:05 pm
IMO- I think it is a bit gross, regardlass of how clean the floor is.

BTW if the floor is so clean and hardly gets dirty, y need the sweep Scratching Head ??

Some things just don't belong on the table Exclamation

I must agree, that it is ur husbands opinion that counts the most and I dont think it's fair if u were to take this poll and show it to him, saying " u c, ppl agree with me bla bla bla.."

I use paper towels, works fantastic, and then I sweep my floor.

mumoo

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 4:23 pm
I vote no to the broom thing, but I'm thrilled to hear you wash fruits before you cut it, have a negel vasser in the bathroom, and use clean towels to dry dishes (I do the same). I agree its gross to put briefcases and pocketbooks on the table, because they have been on the floor, so why is it different with a broom?

I wish dh would keep his hat off the table, as well

amother

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 4:32 pm
I'm sure your feet would wipe the crumbs off the table just fine. !

We use our hands and a napkin to wipe it . !
I'm sure your feet are real clean!

No, Please do not invite me for shabos or supper.

justanothermother

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 7:54 pm

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

MyKidsRQte

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:41 pm
Can I make a suggestion? Don't use windex for the tables or counters. Use fantastic, or something else thats antibacterial.

SZ mother

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 9:55 pm
Crayon210 wrote:
I think that most people don't really do too much scientific study before deciding if they will put brushes on the table or unwashed fruit in their mouths. It's usually something you grew up with (or didn't grow up with), I.e., socially decided. I'm not about to go out and buy a microscope and figure out if I should clean this or that with this or that.

The OP asked for opinions, and most people gave their gut reaction: it's gross! Why? Because we don't generally put things from the floor onto the table. Zehu. Yes, there might be more bacteria on the dinner plates than on the broom, but these decisions aren't really based on rational and scientific study.

Take the opinions or leave them, but I don't understand the logic in arguing or debating them.

that is exactly what I had in mind! crayon, you just took all the words from my brain!

Crayon210

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 10:00 pm
Here, you can have them back if you'd like.

Tongue Out

bandcm

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 11:39 pm
NY2434 wrote:
Can I make a suggestion? Don't use windex for the tables or counters. Use fantastic, or something else thats antibacterial.

I was thinking that too. If you are going to be sweeping your table, (which I do think is gross, since you asked) use something that will actually clean it afterwards. Windex doesn't really clean, just makes windows nice and streak-free.

imaamy

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 11:55 pm
Windex has ammonia in it which was widely used for cleaning just like vinegar before we had 101 specific products on the shelf for cleaning this and that.

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 2:17 am
Amother because I don't want people to yell at me/make fun of me.

Ever since I was a little kid, I didn't always wash fruits/veggies before I ate them. My house wasn't the cleanest, and trust me, there were germs floating around.

But, people in my family rarely got sick. The kids whos parents were very finnicky about neatness tended to get sick more easily, have more allergies, etc. I and my siblings have no allergies, and rarely get sick. Because the more you are exposed to germs as a kid, the tougher your immune system gets and the less sick you'll get from being exposed to germs.

So call me gross- I still think its better not to be 100% germ free.

amother

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 2:32 am
I agree with you amother above. My family is the same way!

justanothermother

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 5:36 am

Last edited by justanothermother on Sun, Mar 02 2008, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PinkandYellow

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 6:00 am
Quote:
I didn't always wash fruits/veggies before I ate them.

this can be a halachic issue of bugs. at least here in il. we even wash oranges before we peel them (or after).

mimivan

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 6:35 am
Disinfect the broom every time she uses it?? Why doesn't she spend a few bucks on a little brush especially for the table??

micki

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 9:04 am
I sweep off the bench- but not the table.
I ues a seperate brush for the tables-

GAMZu

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 3:09 pm
Quote:
I see other habits that sicken me, but other people think is OK. Using the same mop for the kitchen and the bathroom. Wearing shoes in the house and baby is crawling on the floors. Kids getting pishy beds in the middle of the night and moving the kids to another part of the bed. Putting kids backpacks on the table or counters. Doing negel vasser after the bathroom but not washing with soap, or even worse, opening the bathroom door without wahing hands and then doing negel vasser in the kitchen sink. Using dishtowel to clean off countertop or dry hands and then using to dry dishes. Washing dishes with only water and no soap because they don't look dirty. I could go on, but I've got to get back to work.

Do you walk with the same feet in the kitchen and bathroom? I hope you wash the mop in between. So what is the problem?
Shoes in the house- I don't either like it when kids play on the floor. We don't, as a rule, but don't make our guests take off their shoes.
The pishy bed thing I don't get. How big is the bed that a child can sleep in a totally different area of it??
Soap after bathroom is a must!
Using the same towel for wiping counters and then dishes is also yuck-o.
Dishes without soap I don't USUALLY do. Only if I used a knife to cut bread or something, I rinse it without soap.

The fruit thing- I wash ALL fruits if I will cut it with the peel still on. But if I peel it, I won't wash it.

chen

Post Thu, May 10 2007, 11:50 pm
Since you asked, yes, using on your food-prep or dining table materials you used to clean the floor is gross. Not to mention that contaminating your table and then attempting to disinfect it makes as much sense as using your nice new white shirt to mop the floor and then bleaching it.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics