Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Help me find green blinds

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:33 pm
Hi. I'm looking for green window blinds for my kitchen windows. I don't want shades, curtains, valances, or any of those other things-just plain blinds. But green, and bright green. This is pretty much the color that I want- http://www.amazon.com/Oriental.....idget

(sorry for the long link) but it doesn't come in the size I need! I have 2 windows side by side that need a 29-inch-wide blind each, or I can get one long one to cover both windows simultaneously which would need to be 61.5 inches altogether. And whether I get one long one or 2 smaller ones they would need to be 69 inches long.

So the color that I like doesn't come in the right size, and any other one that I come across that does come in the right size does not have nearly the right color. Any other green that I have found was either very soft, dull, or dark. Not a bright cheerful one like this.

If you help me find one I will be indebted to you!! Thank you! Smile

Anon because people IRL know of my green-window-blind quest.

chilled

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:41 pm
Blinds.com

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2014, 11:49 pm
Have not found a bright green on there...

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 12:27 am
Would you consider spray painting them? You would want to buy them lighter than the desired color in that case.

Would you want another color to show through the paint job at the edges a little for shading? Maybe yellow?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 12:36 am
My husband suggested that!! Will the color rub off on anything though? and where would I even do it, such a big long thing...I might not mind if yellow shows through a bit..I wish I could see the finished product in that case, though..

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 1:16 am
Do two small ones; a large one will be very heavy.
Spray in the garage on top of a plastic sheet, wearing a face mask.

Last edited by Dolly Welsh on Tue, Sep 02 2014, 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

kb

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 1:39 am
Does this come in the right color?

http://www.blindsgalore.com/Wi.....10080

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 4:12 am
Try contacting the company that makes the right color directly rather than going through Amazon. Maybe they can custom make you the size you need.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 2:10 pm
Kb, no, they don't have the right color :/ they have one dark one and one very soft one.

Rutabaga, that's a great idea, I'm going to try to do that. Thanks!

Barbara

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 2:23 pm
Try Blinds to Go, Lowes and Home Depot. One is bound to have something you like.

penguin

Post Tue, Sep 02 2014, 3:23 pm
I would strongly suggest requesting actual samples of both the one that looks like the color you want, and any that look close. Color rendition on a screen is a tricky thing. I've ordered items that were way different IRL than they looked on the screen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics