Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Able to edit as amother!
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:00 pm
I posted somewhere a few minutes ago as amother and then went to quote it to make a change... and saw that I can edit as amother!!!!!

How cool is that?

posting here cause amother is enabled and everyone can try it out for themselves Very Happy
(plus dont want to out myself Wink )

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:06 pm
Testing testing

Eta - yup, it worked!

Since when did they add it?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:11 pm
test

edit. it works. I guess that also means that the system now tracks who posts as amother.

it's possible that you can even change the post from amother to not, or from not to amother.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:16 pm
Ooh, I have to try this out.

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Wow, it worked! Now I won't be annoyed every time I miss a spelling/grammar mistake and I can't go back to fix it.

But this can cause trouble too. Someone can post something outrageous as amother and wait for reactions and then go back to change her post to something innocuous. Or maybe I just have a suspicious mind.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:20 pm
Lets see. I'm posting this as amother, then Ill go back and try to put it under my name.

Eta - it worked.

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:32 pm
watergirl wrote:
Lets see. I'm posting this as amother, then Ill go back and try to put it under my name.

Eta - it worked.

cool! that will help for all the posted as amother by mistake posts and threads.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:44 pm
works!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:46 pm
People!

Last edited by amother on Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:46 pm
I am very AGAINST editing as amother.

I think that people will write hateful comments, only to erase them later. It can really mess up a thread, and allows people to "cop out" quickly. Furthermore it almost gives some people an incentive to write hateful comments to begin with because they know that "they can always edit it." Then again, their original comment may already be quoted...

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 3:55 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I am very AGAINST editing as amother.

I think that people will write hateful comments, only to erase them later. It can really mess up a thread, and allows people to "cop out" quickly. Furthermore it almost gives some people an incentive to write hateful comments to begin with because they know that "they can always edit it." Then again, their original comment may already be quoted...

well then if you see on offensive comment quote it and it will be there forever.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:00 pm
how can I edit a poll under amother. when I hit edit button theres nowhere I can add to poll options.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:05 pm
I don't get it.
Wow, maybe I do.
This is sure new.

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:26 pm
new thought.

if I post and forget to hit amother can I go back and do that to or do I need to delete the post and start again?

here goes Smile

ETA oh yeah I can!

ETA 2: and back to me. awesome!

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:53 pm
So fun!

mandr

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:54 pm
How does it know, does it track by account? Because I can't edit someone else's anonymous post, just mine.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:56 pm
Way cool... but way dangerous as well

busydev

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 4:57 pm
mandr wrote:
How does it know, does it track by account? Because I can't edit someone else's anonymous post, just mine.

I would assume so. either by account or by IP address. (can you edit your amother post from a new computer?)

yo'ma

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 5:49 pm
amother wrote:
how can I edit a poll under amother. when I hit edit button theres nowhere I can add to poll options.

That might have to do with not being able to edit a poll after someone votes.

Can you edit amother even if it's not the most recent post? The problem is now, I notice the anon button is always or most of the time on yes to post anon and you have to click on no if you don't want it like that.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 5:59 pm
Test

Eta cool!

seeker

Post Tue, Sep 09 2014, 6:00 pm
busydev wrote:
new thought.

if I post and forget to hit amother can I go back and do that to or do I need to delete the post and start again?

here goes Smile

ETA oh yeah I can!

ETA 2: and back to me. awesome!

I think you were always able to do that, but I could be mistaken.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics