Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Look horrible with no makeup over a 3 day yom tov
Previous  1  2  3  Next

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:28 pm
What brand MaBelleVie?

Twinster

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:39 pm
Semi-permanent makeup, as others suggested, is a good idea.

I would recommend you focus on your skin care. Once I got my skin to look clear and glowing, I didn't feel that urgent need to always wear a full face of makeup.

What I usually do if I need it to last long, is either wear shabbos makeup (powder) (you can't do shabbos makeup over existing regular makeup); or an intense makeup regimen - deep cleanser (a clean face keeps makeup on for longer), toner, moisturizer (let set for a few minutes), primer (also let set for 2-3 minutes), foundation, cream blush, powder, (layer mineral blush and powder), lip liner, lip stain, lipstick, lip sealer. Eye primer, cream eye color, mineral eye color, liner (you can do gel and powder on top - lasts much longer), waterproof mascara (you can even do lash primer before). Also, filling in your brows gives your face a more made-up look. And don't forget the makeup setting spray. I know this sounds like a lot. But if I really need it, I do it all. And as mentioned, sleep on a satin pillowcase or put a slip (I bought a long one) over your pillow.

Last edited by Twinster on Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twinster

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:42 pm
love2live wrote:
I don't know if you can do it for lips- I've only ever heard of it for eyes.

I do think you can do it on your lips as well. But I think it's halachikly questionable, as some say it's a form of tattooing.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:45 pm
Im surprised no one liked the spray tan option.
All you pale amothers: why wouldn't you spray tan?

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
Im surprised no one liked the spray tan option.
All you pale amothers: why wouldn't you spray tan?

Spray tanned skin is still going to be all one shade. And it does nothing for the eyes. Plus, if it isn't done well it looks beyond awful.

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 3:12 pm
Not op, but Does anyone know where to get semi permanent make up done around lakewood?

gold21

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 3:52 pm
Which brands make Shabbos makeup? Are they available online?

imokay

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:01 pm
I think pale skin is beautiful. If it looks wrong with your wig, it can be because your wig has the wrong tones in it (ex: warm instead of ash). As for eye shadow or blush, I was told by a rabbi that I can just apply the powder to a few makeup brushes before shabbat and then reapply as necessary. You can do this on small brushes as well to make a powdered eye liner.

lylac

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:35 pm
Sephora and Urban Decay make a good primer to use, and Model in a Bottle or Urban Decay make a good spray to put on after the makeup is on to hold it. Makeup ladies usually have good ideas, they are always putting makeup on way before a chasuna, or for Shabbos Sheva Brachos, so if you can get to talk to someone, they might have other ideas. And sleeping on your back with your face in the air helps too.

busydev

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 4:50 pm
a couple months ago my brother got married on a thursday night. even after the shower I still had tons of makeup on. I ended up scrubbing my face really well before shabbos... except my eyes and lips. decided to get the most out of the $65 Smile and those I SCRUBBED motzei shabbos and was finally clean.

so I would def suggest to ask a chasuna makeup artist what she uses.

mommy1108

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 5:22 pm
I have tried a lot of different products and have found almost no lipstick that is long lasting that doesn't dry and peel on me. I will say that I found 3 things that help and stay for MOST if not all of YT

1- Laura mercier cream eyeshadow tubes. They come in a few metallic shades and stay on very well. I use a primer sometimes but even when I don't..

2. Laura mercier cream eyebrow color. Comes in a little pot. I fill in my eyerbrows which are thicker to begin with. It looks so nice and also stays

3. MAC liquid last in Point black. It's liquid and took getting used to but boy it's tough to get off. If you make a mistake it's super hard to rub off. Really lasts. I promise. I put on when getting ready and then a little more right before licht bentschen

proudmother1

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 7:56 pm
penguin wrote:
How about sitting out in the sun for 15 minutes every day so you get a little tan on your face?

I am so tempted to get the semi-permanent eyeliner just in general. Is there any shayla that it's like a tattoo? That's what I would wonder about.

SOOOO unhealthy. The dangers of sun exposure are very serious and well known.

proudmother1

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 8:03 pm
I find this wrong on so many levels.
Why can a woman not feel happy and comfortable in her own skin?
I do wear makeup, and I do like nice clothes, perfume etc. But not to feel good on Yom Tov without make-up? That is terrible.
I am in my 30's - (to answer the question I know will be asked) I work very hard to keep in shape, dress nicely, etc. But I am very comfortable without make-up on.
Where is this complex coming from?

Maybe splurge on some nice earrings and other accessories to make up for what you feel is missing?

Maya

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 8:28 pm
proudmother1 wrote:
I find this wrong on so many levels.
Why can a woman not feel happy and comfortable in her own skin?
I do wear makeup, and I do like nice clothes, perfume etc. But not to feel good on Yom Tov without make-up? That is terrible.
I am in my 30's - (to answer the question I know will be asked) I work very hard to keep in shape, dress nicely, etc. But I am very comfortable without make-up on.
Where is this complex coming from?

Maybe splurge on some nice earrings and other accessories to make up for what you feel is missing?

You're contradicting yourself.
If people should be comfortable in their own skin, why do you work so hard to keep in shape? Why is your maintaining a good figure so you can feel good more "allowed" than my wanting to wear makeup so that I can feel good?

You obviously want to be skinny and wear nice clothes. Where is this complex coming from?

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:13 pm
I find that putting on primer and a lot of cream concealer (like Mac)before you apply your foundation helps your makeup last longer.. and friday night I sleep on my back... or I watch not to turn to much so it stays on...

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:41 pm
Some people have worse skin than others. I have a few friends who, which no makeup on, look the same as me with concealer and foundation. I don't wear eye makeup most days and rarely lipstick/lipgloss, but I have acne scars, uneven skin and circles under my eyes. Without makeup I have had strangers ask me if I was feeling ok. For me, concealer and foundation is necessary (please don't tell me to go see a dermatologist - at this point, I've tried it all.... this is what Hashem has given me).

Point is, for some women to say it's easy to go without makeup - well you may look nothing like those who say it's necessary for feeling good. Don't imply we're shallow, it's obnoxious.

Bruria

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 9:53 pm
Why don't you try a make up fixer on top of 24 hour makeup?
It really makes make up stay so much longer, I got my eye liner to stay for 2 days this way, no smudge!
Search in Sephora!

amother

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 10:57 pm
I have acne at age 35 - a pair of earrings isn't going to do much to help that....

Sherri

Post Wed, Sep 10 2014, 11:11 pm
I agree with looking into Shabbos makeup.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 1:16 am
http://www.reflectionscosmetic......html

Reflections shabbat.
Notice the site sells long lasti ng cosmetics as well that cannot be applied on shabbos. So make sure you're on the Reflections tab. All cosmetics are powder (yes, even lip powder "lipstick")

gold21 wrote:
What brand MaBelleVie?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics