Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Iso review of kosher day at jcm

bobeli

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 11:09 pm
Sound interesting, but we don't like overcrowded places or very long lines (or fights) for food.
is it suited for a toddler? was it fun or only plenty of food?
tia

MimiMommy

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 11:11 pm
Extremely long lines, extremely crowded, extremely noisy. Went with toddlers a couple years ago and wouldn't go again, though we did get a few free food samples.

oliveoil

Post Thu, Sep 11 2014, 11:21 pm
Ridiculously long lines. I don't recommend it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 1:49 am
MimiMommy wrote:
Extremely long lines, extremely crowded, extremely noisy. Went with toddlers a couple years ago and wouldn't go again, though we did get a few free food samples.
Except it's not free anymore. The first year, two years ago, it was free, but last year they charged $5 or $6 a person, and this year it's $6. Be aware that the museum exhibits are closed.

chatz

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 3:26 am
long, long lines

would not recommend

bobeli

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 11:46 am
thank you for the info
I think that for $6 I will go to the ice cream store, will not wait on long lines and everyone will be happy.

zigi

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 1:29 pm
go early, be the first one there. then you get to enjoy before its packed. I went to the first showing of uncle moishy, for 6$ its worth it for a half an hour concert.

Tech_mom

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 1:47 pm
don't go. unless you like being jostled around for a free rugela and bag of bissli.

I went the first year that they had it. I thought that my kids would get to see the exhibits which were closed. (they didn't mention that piece of info in any of the ads, which I informed them of)

you don't have access to the museum exhibits.
there is a demonstration that you get to see/participate in on the dining floor
besides that there is food sampling - just not worth it.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 2:04 pm
Tech_mom wrote:

I went the first year that they had it. I thought that my kids would get to see the exhibits which were closed.
Same here!

bnm

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 3:26 pm
is Uncle Moishy indoors or out? that would be the tipping point for us.

oliveoil

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 3:51 pm
bobeli wrote:
thank you for the info
I think that for $6 I will go to the ice cream store, will not wait on long lines and everyone will be happy.

That's what we did. Went, saw ridiculously long lines, turned around and went to the ice cream store.

I also have major issues with their Noah's ark display which they often bring out for these events. It's pure tzaar baalei chaim - the animals literally cannot even turn around they are in such a small space.

zigi

Post Fri, Sep 12 2014, 5:18 pm
last year it was indoors, uncle moishy, and the food samples outside on Kingston. show up before it starts. that is what I did with both years.

bobeli

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 9:34 pm
zigi wrote:
go early, be the first one there. then you get to enjoy before its packed. I went to the first showing of uncle moishy, for 6$ its worth it for a half an hour concert.

at what time is uncle moishy?
it stat at 11:30, at what time you where there last time? it was crowded early too?
I want to go for the special activities, not for the free food and especially if it involves long lines, so is it worth it? (I'm coming with small children)

bnm

Post Sat, Sep 13 2014, 10:07 pm
son's headstart is hosting a carnival tomorrow, I think we will just go there and pay for Uncle Moishy next time he has a concert in BP. I can't be in Crown Heights before 11:30.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 7:40 pm
How was it?

bobeli

Post Tue, Sep 23 2014, 2:45 pm
I didn't go, we where by the dr instead Crying
B"H I'm not in charge!!! LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries