Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Send a cake to yerushalayim
Previous  1  2  3  Next

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:47 pm
okay now to all israeli imamothers let me hear from you

kb

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:50 pm
[quote="sourstix"]thanks kb-if brooklyn bakery has a website why wouldnt they deliver?
Quote:

I don't know if Brooklyn Bakery has a website or not. Shabbatkodesh.com is the website for a takeout store in Yerushalayim, and they generally sell the cakes that people would want for dessert for shabbos, but they get their cakes from Brooklyn Bakery.

Brooklyn Bakery is a real bakery. I don't know if normal bakeries generally deliver, but it doesn't hurt to call and ask them. They cater to Americans (hence the name) and would very possibly be happy to send a birthday cake to wherever you want it to go. If not, they might have a suggestion - I'm sure you're not the first American who wanted to send a birthday cake surprise.

In theory you could have something shipped to where she will be a few days in advance and they can give it to her on her birthday. BUT shipping to Israel is expensive, and you stand the risk of it being stopped at customs and taxed...

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:52 pm
[quote="MaBelleVie"]It's after midnight right now in Israel. People are probably sleeping. Why don't you call Brooklyn bakery directly in the morning? +972 2-538-0630[/quot
I spok e to them earlier today I made sure it was okay timing I thought I was calling an american number it was 718 area code and it went straight to israel I am shocked about that. and they told me they do have nicer cakes and I just cant see them on the website. so I dont know if I will order from them I need to see it.

kb

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:53 pm
Ask them to email you pictures.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:54 pm
if I send a fake necklace it will be taxed and stopped? whyis that ? it doesnt sound correct I wll find out
I am not sending expesive real gold?

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:55 pm
Do you want to call the Jerusalem office of her school or somebody like that, to have an emissary on-site? Such a woman could be in touch with you, and send you pictures of the cake and all, and order it right there.

sourstix

kb that sounds good I will try

happybeingamom

http://www.chanisdelectables.blogspot.com/

chanibresler@gmail.com

Why don't you email her if she has a hechser. I have seen and tasted her work it is beautiful. I know her personally so I didn't look into a hechsher but ask her if she has one.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:56 pm
dolly welsh I think you misunderstood. we live in usa and she will be there for yomtov.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 5:59 pm
happybeingamom-I dont want to ask her its putting her on the spot. I need to see it on the website. sorry it sounds odd to you maybe. I cant spend money on something I know will not be eaten if these gudelines arent there. thanx

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 6:01 pm
why dont pp realize that a hechsher is just as important as anything else on their website. I wont go by what pp tell me. its so simple yet sounds so hard to get. I dont know why. I will wait till the morning for the israelis

Imogen

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 7:20 pm
whoops posted on spin off cos on my mobile.Used Gilis Goodies.Recog hechsher.Yummy cake.They even posted pics of my ds receiving it! Made birthday memorable.We missed not having our kids home on birthday so delicious surprise cake was great treat to receive!

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 9:02 pm
I went on that website but I dont see any hechsher so I guess this ones out.

sourstix

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 9:05 pm
oops I just checked again and I cant read it accept the ou which they wont use.

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Sep 14 2014, 9:17 pm
I sent birthday cakes to my brothers in yeshiva from Gili's Goodies. They were thrilled.

I think it says rabbanut mehadrin as well as OU on their website.

I'm assuming you need a stricter hechsher. Chances are those types of stores won't have websites.

You are best off coordinating with your daughter's seminary or Y"T hosts so they can order something acceptable to them.

Sanguine

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 1:51 am
Rutabaga wrote:
You are best off coordinating with your daughter's seminary or Y"T hosts so they can order something acceptable to them.

Best idea - call the hosts and ask them where you can order a cake. Also a good idea cause then they'll know that a dessert for a meal is coming.
Quote:
she also likes salty stuff. so maybe I should try something different.

This place is very creative with bread type stuff. It's mehadrin - click on the top where it says Kosher and it will display the hechsher teuda to ask the hosts (it even has the mashgiach's phone number on it). http://saidels.com/

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 2:30 am
sabich wrote:
whoops posted on spin off cos on my mobile.Used Gilis Goodies.Recog hechsher.Yummy cake.They even posted pics of my ds receiving it! Made birthday memorable.We missed not having our kids home on birthday so delicious surprise cake was great treat to receive!

I recieved many a package from them during my years in Israel. They are under the OU I think, but will accommodate requests for baked goods with specific Hechsherim. I recieved cakes from Angels, which is Badatz Eida Hacheridis, arguably the most accepted Hechsher in Israel.

EnEf

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 2:37 am
http://www.kosherfrostedfantasies.com/ Her website is under construction now but I know her stuff is Badatz Eida Hachareidis and you can definitely ask her (I know her well). She does gorgeous customized stuff.

nameless

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 2:58 am
I'm guessing that most real bakeries with a hechsher don't deliver. Most places that would deliver 1 cake are probably people selling out of their houses with bedatz ingredients, without a hechsher. Your best bet is to order from a reliable bakery and then see if one of your daughters friends can pick it up and deliver.

rivkie123

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 3:41 am
I don't know if this hechsher is good enough for you but I ordered from koshercakery.com and was very impressed. On her website it has a copy of her teuda which is from a rabbi in beit shemesh and it says that all ingredients are badatz eida charedit.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics