Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How often do you change your PJs?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:03 pm
How often? Also shells if you wear them during the day.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:07 pm
Pjs every 2-3 days (I shower at night b4 bed)
Shells every day

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:09 pm
Depends if I sweat a lot Yawn

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:10 pm
I wash everything after one time of wearing it. Maybe a skirt I would rehang . Kids clothing for sure. They get dirty in school and the diapers leak a little during the night so for sure dont reuse pjs for the kids . We have a huge water every month lol

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 10:10 pm
funny - I still remember my mom telling me when I was little that I can wear my pj's for 2 days before throwing in hamper. I still do that rule for the most part!

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:08 pm
It depends on if my nightgown stays on. Twisted Evil

When it stay on, then I wash it everytime I wear it. I wash everything that touches my body everytime. I will rehang skirts, jumpers, sweaters and over tops.

In the thread about dressing your DH, I can't believe that women expect men to keep wearing the same trousers without washing them.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:10 pm
OP here, feeling so stupid now. I change my pjs and shells only when I remember or when they start smelling- sometimes once in two weeks even. embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed Too bad I never learned basic hygiene but never too late...

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:19 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, feeling so stupid now. I change my pjs and shells only when I remember or when they start smelling- sometimes once in two weeks even. embarrassed embarrassed embarrassed Too bad I never learned basic hygiene but never too late...

thanks for making me feel better. The only clothes I change daily is underwear and socks. I wear bras a few days in a row or if I sweat I let it air dry for a day and if it doesnt smell I wear it again. I could wear a shell for a week if it doesnt smell and skirts for 2 weeks. pjs get changed whenever I remember. And I am one of those who washes linen infrequently too. embarrassed

vintagebknyc

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:20 pm
amother wrote:
How often? Also shells if you wear them during the day.

every 2-3 days. shells, a couple of wearings (unless I've been overly hot-flashy that day).

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:21 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for making me feel better. The only clothes I change daily is underwear and socks. I wear bras a few days in a row or if I sweat I let it air dry for a day and if it doesnt smell I wear it again. I could wear a shell for a week if it doesnt smell and skirts for 2 weeks. pjs get changed whenever I remember. And I am one of those who washes linen infrequently too. embarrassed

I rarely wash bras, so I'm clearly disgusting. Sometimes I wear the same socks two days in a row (in the winter, when I shower every other day).

bookworm10

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:26 pm
I change my shell every day.

PJs every few days- I shower right before bed and don't sweat at night.

amother

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:27 pm
OP, there are many different personalities and some people are more finicky than others. That doesn't make you an unclean person/slob

If you don't smell and your clothes don't look unfresh, who care how often (or not) you change, shower or wash your clothes?

If you feel fine and it doesn't seem like people are disgusted by you, it's all okay in how you deal with things. (It's a good idea to ask someone close to you though their honest opinion sometimes, though, because you can't always smell yourself... or know why people act a certain way around you.... etc. etc.)

Lady Bug

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:28 pm
Pjs get changed as often as the linen.

ra_mom

Shells every day. PJs every other day as I shower before bedtime.

Last edited by ra_mom on Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

amother wrote:

In the thread about dressing your DH, I can't believe that women expect men to keep wearing the same trousers without washing them.

Dh changes his weekday pants every few days. He has a few shabbos suits and they only get dry cleaned when dirty. Is that really bad? His suit pants dont smell

cinnamonlover

Post Mon, Oct 27 2014, 11:29 pm
Shells get changed every day and pj's every few days.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 12:26 am
I don't need to change my PJ's that often because I fall asleep in my clothes a lot embarrassed

zaq

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 1:31 am
Umm...what's with the "shells" business? Doesn't anyone here wear regular blouses any more?

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 2:39 am
I'll wear shells up to 4 times (or more if desperate), or less if they smell/are dirty. I change my bras and pjs weekly.

amother

Post Tue, Oct 28 2014, 3:19 am
amother wrote:
Dh changes his weekday pants every few days. He has a few shabbos suits and they only get dry cleaned when dirty. Is that really bad? His suit pants dont smell

As a different poster said, we don't smell what we are used to. When the clothes are put back on that are not clean, they start to smell quicker. I am sensitive and I can smell when people are not fresh so it is bad.

I can't imagine how someone can think that pants worn next to the body can stay fresh. You don't want someone getting a whiff while seated of DH passing by.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics