Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Anyone use FRESHDIRECT?

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 11:27 am
they're delivering to my zip code now and first time customers get $25 off their first 2 order (minimum order $50)

I was wonder if anyone had experience with them.
They deliver groceries - including some kosher stuff - in the NY/NJ area.

thanks.

batya_d

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 12:39 pm
I love FreshDirect! I find their kosher meat (Rubashkin's) excellent, and the prices are comparable to Manhattan grocery stores like Fairway. The produce is also very good, even though you don't get to pick it yourself.

chocolate moose

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 1:26 pm
I used an organic servie like that once. I really liked it!

batya_d

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 5:29 pm
Three cheers for FreshDirect! Now, I need to figure out how to set up a new account so I can get that $25 off 2 orders!! I don't think there's a way, since they'd have my apt. #.

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Fri, May 18 2007, 7:14 pm
I was about to order my first order and was excited about the $25 off until I realized that I had to have $50 minimum.... so I'll have to do it next week or something when I have more time to look through the stuff. But some of the prices (including chickens!) seem pretty decent!
Are the chickens prepacked BY Rubashkins?

dewyt

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 10:47 pm
can someone direct me as to how to find this freshdirect service- is it avail in BP?

batya_d

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 11:07 pm
BrachaVHatzlocha wrote:
I was about to order my first order and was excited about the $25 off until I realized that I had to have $50 minimum.... so I'll have to do it next week or something when I have more time to look through the stuff. But some of the prices (including chickens!) seem pretty decent!
Are the chickens prepacked BY Rubashkins?

I just ordered several quartered chickens; I am pretty sure the chickens are repackaged by freshdirect based on the packaging, which does have a rubashkins sticker on it and the chickens of course have rubashkins plumbas;

I don't know the details about the supervision of the repacking, but I can say that other families in the yeshivish community in Manhattan rely on their meat.

batya_d

Post Sat, May 19 2007, 11:07 pm
go to www.freshdirect.com

enter your zip code

it will tell you whether they serve your area

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 12:00 pm
I got my first order.
VERY satisfied.
I called the OU and they have a mashgiach temidi for repackaging chicken.

PS if you used your first two order promotions up, use promotion "thyme" for 25% off!

Roita

Post Mon, Jun 04 2007, 11:15 pm
I also just got a postcard about Fresh Direct with the 2 coupons.
How do their prices compare to NY kosher stores?
Though I'd like to buy from them (it seems cool and CONVENIENT to do grocery shopping online) I would feel bad not giving the parnassah to the local shops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics