Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Please help me.....

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:46 pm
When I was a younger girl a Rabbi did something very bad to me that affected the rest of my life and I will never be able to forgive him. How can I continue to go on with my life when everyone in my community loves and respects this Rabbi who did such a terrible thing to me?

proudmother1

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:48 pm
amother wrote:
When I was a younger girl a Rabbi did something very bad to me that affected the rest of my life and I will never be able to forgive him. How can I continue to go on with my life when everyone in my community loves and respects this Rabbi who did such a terrible thing to me?

Can he do this same bad thing to others? If yes, then maybe seek counsel as to how to deal with this properly.

I have a feeling that will bring you some closure and relief.

greenfire

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 3:54 pm
if this is about zexual abuse please pm yael to get into the private section so you can discuss without the discrepancy you might find outside a safe zone

amother

Post Wed, Nov 05 2014, 4:07 pm
I am the OP. It is not s-xual abuse.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:08 pm
I can't deal with this anymore. It hurts me that a person who treated me so badly is so respected.

greenfire

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:14 pm
I value your privacy - but it's difficult to respond without some sort of idea

but anyone can sin - including an allegedly respected alleged rabbi

Scrabble123

Post Fri, Nov 07 2014, 1:32 pm
Hi, OP. I do not know the details of what you are referring to, and you are not required to share them, but just know that some of what I write may not be applicable.

I have a friend that was very hurt by many Rabbis, not just one. Many were respected ones, known not only in their communities, but throughout others as well. She had other Rabbis who helped her, but the pain of being betrayed by those in power was very difficult for her. She decided to just face the fact that that is dirty politics. Politics exist everywhere: not just in insular ultra orthodox communities. It is wrong that some of those in power sometimes hurt people and are not held accountable, and it hurts even worse when it is a religious figure, but she had to come to accept it as true. Accepting that something was bad, yet true helped her to come to terms with it and try to rise above it. Has she lost a lot of respect for other Rabbis? Yes. Does she know that there are exceptions? Yes. So she just tries to single out those exceptions and not give into those who hurt her.

Feel better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics