Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Free but not delicious
1  2  3  Next

sequoia

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 8:50 pm
I was sent some free chocolate from a friend's store in exchange for posting about it on facebook. Only problem is, I just received it and it's not very good! What is the proper way to write about it?

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 8:53 pm
I was so excited when I got the chocolate ... thanx

tigerwife

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 8:55 pm
That's pretty awkward!
Maybe the packaging/ presentation was cool?
Maybe the shape is unique?
Would it make a nice gift?
Does it come in diverse versions (dairy/ pareve/ flavors/ etc.) so that you can write it can appeal to everyone?

sequoia

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 8:59 pm
Maybe I can write -- it is SO sweet you only need a little at a time, so it will last you a long while.

It's true. It's unbearably sweet.

greenfire

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 9:02 pm
rich in flavour

kb

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 9:25 pm
Maybe talk to your friend though, about the problems. Because if she's trying to sell them and they're not good it would be to her benefit to know!

Packaged nicely, a bit sweet for my taste, but looked beautiful. Maybe try a version with a bit less sugar.

Do not post this. Talk to your friend directly. And tell her you're happy to post a compliment on her Facebook page, buy that you think she'd be better off knowing your honest opinion. (Yes, I know... very tough to do!)

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 9:25 pm
You posted on FB before getting the chocolate. Did you have anything to base your post on? Anything that can be a hook in some way? (To get you off the hook Wink )

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 10 2014, 9:42 pm
If I knew how to embed youtube videos, I would post the clip from Friends of Monica and "Mochloate". Just sayin.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:16 am
"I can honestly say I've never tasted chocolate like it!" Wink

DrMom

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 5:22 am
kb wrote:
Maybe talk to your friend though, about the problems. Because if she's trying to sell them and they're not good it would be to her benefit to know!

Packaged nicely, a bit sweet for my taste, but looked beautiful. Maybe try a version with a bit less sugar.

Do not post this. Talk to your friend directly. And tell her you're happy to post a compliment on her Facebook page, buy that you think she'd be better off knowing your honest opinion. (Yes, I know... very tough to do!)

This.

I have a problem with the whole premise, because she's asking you to endorse her product just because you are her friend, and because you are her friend, you feel obligated to give her a positive review. Since you are stuck now, at least do what you can to justify a positive review.

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 6:05 am
Can you give someone else a taste before you voice your opinion to her? I don't like really sweet things either, but many people do.

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 7:52 am
Squishy wrote:
Can you give someone else a taste before you voice your opinion to her? I don't like really sweet things either, but many people do.

yeah I was wondering whether op even likes chocolate -

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:39 am
greenfire wrote:
yeah I was wondering whether op even likes chocolate -

I ADORE chocolate.

Real chocolate isn't sweet, actually. When I make my signature hot cocoa, I add pure cocoa and spices to the milk. No honey, no sugar. The result is a delicious rich flavor, not sweet at all.

Here you can't taste the chocolate at all. All you taste is sugar. Like you're putting a heaping tablespoonful of it in your mouth.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:44 am
Does she have another line that might be more to your taste?

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:48 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
Does she have another line that might be more to your taste?

Lol I can't keep asking for more free stuff Smile

It's an idea, though... "Yeah I haven't formed an opinion yet, could you send me this, this, and that?" LOL

Her store is in another state.

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 9:59 am
sequoia wrote:
I ADORE chocolate.

Real chocolate isn't sweet, actually. When I make my signature hot cocoa, I add pure cocoa and spices to the milk. No honey, no sugar. The result is a delicious rich flavor, not sweet at all.

Here you can't taste the chocolate at all. All you taste is sugar. Like you're putting a heaping tablespoonful of it in your mouth.

Honestly, it sounds like your tastes are more refined than the average American. I have Godiva, Starbucks and Lieber's hot chocolate in my house. The number one ingredient is sugar for all of them. There is more sugar than cocoa. I also have Hershey's unsweetened cocoa. They printed a recipe on the back for hot chocolate and the first ingredient is sugar.

Sweet chocolate might be what her target market likes.

sequoia

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:02 am
Hmmm... so what do I write?

"I couldn't put it in my mouth, but you typical Americans will love it!"

What

Simple1

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:04 am
Could you be honest with her and tell her thanks, but you're not comfortable giving a review because it's not your taste.

greenfire

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:07 am
sequoia wrote:
Hmmm... so what do I write?

"I couldn't put it in my mouth, but you typical Americans will love it!"

What

you might have to go with that one Tongue Out

debsey

Post Tue, Nov 11 2014, 10:09 am
I would be honest with HER and then write something about how this is for the real sweet tooth person - maybe say it pairs well with a rich, bitter coffee?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette