Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Ear bones hurt?

musicmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 2:43 pm
Hi ladies, I appreciate ALL advice! I have been trying to wear a sheitel for awhile, and keep ending up in pain. I recently cut all my hair off underneath that made a huge improvement. I still want to rip the thing off of my head! 1/2 of the ear bones were removed, but I am wondering if the rest of the ear bones are on a pressure point. My sheitel was measured to my head and it definitely fits, so I need to know what is going on before I ever buy another one.

Does anyone else have trouble with the ear bones and have them removed?

musicmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 2:53 pm
I just realized there is some wire also by the forehead. Do you all have wire in the ear bones and forehead or has anyone skipped that? Maybe I have a very sensitive head!

Dev80

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 2:56 pm
I'm also really sensitive, just wondering if you've tried a wig grip? that should take the pressure point off your ears (you wear the wig grip as a headband and it goes underneath your ears and then the sheital rests on top)

musicmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 3:00 pm
Yeah, that is not working, it is too tight.

penguin

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:43 pm
If it was made to fit your head, go back to the people who made it and ask them to make adjustments. I hope you got stretch cap? I made that mistake, got a cap that felt like a rubber bathing cap bec I didn't know what a stretch cap is.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 6:49 pm
ear bones ?

I used to put bobby pins to keep the sheitel in place - that along with a comb built into the sheitel cap by the forehead hairline was enough to give me a migraine that I still feel when I think of it 18 years later

if this was a custom made wig - it should fit like a glove that is comfortable

musicmom

Post Thu, Nov 13 2014, 7:46 pm
I locked myself in the bathroom and gently used a seamripper. I live a couple hours from NY and am tired of making the trip! I took out the wire in the earbones and on the forehead. The wire was shockingly thick and I don't know who would enjoy having that on their head!

I am still having phantom pains so it is hard to tell yet if the sheitel can be comfortable. I also recently shaved off all my hair in an effort to make the sheitel work... It was hard not to rip it off my head today.

It is good to know I am not the only one who's head hurt from a sheitel!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels