Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando for pesach

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:36 am
We want to rent a house/ villa and do all our own food due to severe allergies. We obv need to be near a shul. The chabad houses are very expensive and a "different pesach program" is not only run by extremely rude individuals, they also told us we would not be able to Daven in their shul even if we rented in the same complex.. So does anyone know of a villa/ gated community w a minyan but where I can provide my own food? Tnx!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:41 am
I have been on the Different Pesach Program, just curious how exactly it is rude for them to say the shul is a privilege for paying guests only?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:01 am
amother wrote:
I have been on the Different Pesach Program, just curious how exactly it is rude for them to say the shul is a privilege for paying guests only?

Pls reread. I understand that it is for paying guests. There is a way to tell someone something nicely and a way to have an attitude with a potential customer. He chose the latter.
Ftr, I had asked about buying certain things through him and renting a villa through him. When you have life threatening allergies you cannot take a random chance but again, this is not about that. He had a bad attitude and was rude. Moving on, does anyone have any ideas please?

faigie

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 10:43 am
In any case, how do you bar a yid from davening in a shule??? Thats horrid!

amother

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 12:46 pm
There are a bunch of people who rent their own houses in the complex across from Windsor Palms where a Different Pesach Program is located. I don't remember what its called. There are a couple of minyanim there (a suit minyan and a t shirt minyan) and I think you give them some sort of membership fee to help cover the costs of the house rental for the shul. You can do a grocery order from Orlando kosher that will get delivered to you (yogurts, cheese, sauce), but you have to do it way in advance.

piece

Post Sun, Nov 30 2014, 1:32 pm
Terra Verde in Kissimmee, Florida.
it's a gated community. plenty jews rent villas over Pesach.
you can google Terra Verda resorts & you can book the villa directly with the owner.
obviously you can also book thru Chabad -but would end up way more expensive. but if you do directly with owner works out way cheeper. you can daven at any minyan
it is very enjoyable. we went a few times.
good luck

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 1:02 am
I do not understand how a Pesach program would bar someone from attending shul on Yom Tov.
That does not seem very courteous at all.

They aren't asking if they can eat free meals at the program- they're asking to daven with a minyan.

rb74

Post Sun, Mar 15 2015, 1:59 am
Feel free to join us in paradise palms! No fee and we are genuinely nice pple!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics