Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Do Adolescent Boys Have similar Drama with Friends as Girls?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:04 am
My 13 1/2 year old son had a disagreement with a friend today and he responded innapropriatel;y. The end result was no iPad, computer or TV for the evening. I am holding his iPad when a text came through where a boy says "YOU talked trash about me you C word I thought we were friends I will never forgive you... And the rest I can't read because his iPad is locked.

WHAT DO I DO NOW?

Just leave his iPad in his bedroom so he sees the message when he wakes up?

Leave the iPad with a post it that says I was awakened when a tex came through and I suggest he deal with this before school by apologizing if he was wrong?

Ignore the whole situation and let him get blasted at school?

I just want to fix it all for him bout I know it's wrong.

WHAT DO I DO????

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:20 am
I figured out how to read the end of the message and it followed with I am just kidding just wanted to scare the **** out of you NOW pass this along to 10 friends and scare them.

I HATE kids.

Seriously.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 2:49 am
amother wrote:
I figured out how to read the end of the message and it followed with I am just kidding just wanted to scare the **** out of you NOW pass this along to 10 friends and scare them.

I HATE kids.

Seriously.

I've recieved my share of stupid chain emails.

Some kids never grow up, I guess.

What

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Dec 10 2014, 3:42 am
To answer seriously, boys have just as much drama as girls, but it is WAY different for them.

Girls will hold a grudge for EVER, and it will get spread all over school, turning extremely nasty.

Boys will fight like their lives depend on it, beat the carp out of each other, and then be best friends again. They'll laugh about it the next day.

I'm not sure which one is worse.

Kudos to you for knowing that at his age, you need to stay out of his business and let him own his own problems. Parenting tweens is SO hard. It's a time when you need to start taking small steps back, so that they can learn how to handle their own issues.

"Parenting Your Teen with Love and Logic" is an excellent book. I'm only 1/3 of the way into it, and I'm loving every page.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children