Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tefillot needed for chayal

Sanguine

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 7:17 am
Tonite at 5 o'clock (Israel time = 10 AM NY time) Yehuda Yitzchak ben Iris , a Chayal who suffered a serious head injury in mivtza Tzuk Eitan (Protective Edge war this summer) (and is still unconscious) is undergoing an important brain surgery.

Yehuda is in great need of tefillot. Please daven for the sucess of the surgery and for his full recovery.

Yehuda is married and has 2 small children. The younger one had his Brit next to Yehuda's bed 3 months ago. Yehuda was "chosen" by his Rosh Yeshiva to marry his daughter. He is a good friend of my nephew.

June

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 7:56 am
thank you. we will be lighting the 8th candle right around then - Zos Chanukah. we will definitely keep him in mind.

it's so sad how we've all moved on from the war, 6 months later, but some families are still living with its effect every single minute. refuah shleimah to this brave hero!

Sanguine

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 8:16 am
June wrote:
it's so sad how we've all moved on from the war, 6 months later, but some families are still living with its effect every single minute. refuah shleimah to this brave hero!
Sunday I was in Tel HaShomer hospital and saw my daughter's friend, Elad. I've mentioned this boy before. A real miracle. A bullet went in his ear and came out his eye but totally missed his brain. He's at the hospital 3 days a week for therapies. If you met him you'd never know there was something wrong but he lost an eye and hearing in one ear. He has no bones in his face but you wouldn't know unless you felt his face. He's losing weight cause he can't smell or taste food so he has no appetite. This boy is an amazing Nes but his life will be harder than other boys' forever.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 8:22 am
Sanguine wrote:
Sunday I was in Tel HaShomer hospital and saw my daughter's friend, Elad. I've mentioned this boy before. A real miracle. A bullet went in his ear and came out his eye but totally missed his brain. He's at the hospital 3 days a week for therapies. If you met him you'd never know there was something wrong but he lost an eye and hearing in one ear. He has no bones in his face but you wouldn't know unless you felt his face. He's losing weight cause he can't smell or taste food so he has no appetite. This boy is an amazing Nes but his life will be harder than other boys' forever.

This is a great reminder that when the media uses terms like "mildly" or "moderately" injured, that those injuries are still very permanent and have great impact for the rest of the person's life (as well as their family's lives).

greenfire

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 8:57 am
thank you for allowing us to pray ... may he have miracles & a refuah shelaima !!!

Sanguine

Post Tue, Dec 23 2014, 9:57 am
Bumping this up since the surgery is now

June

Post Mon, Dec 29 2014, 8:29 am
Sanguine, do you know how he is doing now?

Sanguine

Post Wed, Dec 31 2014, 6:22 am
June wrote:
Sanguine, do you know how he is doing now?
Asked my SIL, whose son is friends with him, here's her reply
Quote:
the surgery went well ב"ה,now they are waiting and hoping to see that the relieved pressure on the brain will impact his condition.אי"ה
as far as I know there has not yet been a change.
tehillim and teffilot still very much needed!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed