Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Hotel lobby jerusalem
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 4:40 pm
looking for a nice place for a meeting
will any hotel let me in?

any suggestions for a nice lobby in jerusalem??
thanks!

chani8

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 4:57 pm
People meet in coffee shops more than hotel lobbies, as far as I know. Isn't hotel lobbies a NY thing??

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 4:59 pm
chani8 wrote:
People meet in coffee shops more than hotel lobbies, as far as I know. Isn't hotel lobbies a NY thing??
chani not at all. Ive seen many charedi couples meeting in hotel lobbies. It is very in style here too.

amother

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:00 pm
specifically looking for hotel lobby
any ideas?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:02 pm
amother wrote:
specifically looking for hotel lobby
any ideas?
SOrry OP. I dont live in Jerusalem anymore and I never dated that way. I m sure tomorrow when more israeli posters are here and awake, you will get some responses. Good Luck Smile

chani8

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:06 pm
Really Shabbat, people meet in hotel lobbies here? I've been to hotels here and they don't have lobbies like american hotels. Maybe JM is different and caters to the charedi NY types.

Liebs

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:06 pm
All hotels let you in!
Worldorf is beautiful, David Citidel (more busy usually), Mamilla (darkish, not 1st date nec), Ramada or Leonardo Plaza (also busy), Inbal,

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:07 pm
chani8 wrote:
Really Shabbat, people meet in hotel lobbies here? I've been to hotels here and they don't have lobbies like american hotels. Maybe JM is different and caters to the charedi NY types.
Chani I dont undrstand what you mean. Hotels have lobbies, no? I know in jerusalem they do, in tel aviv they do, in netanya, herzelia, haifa they do. What do you mean?

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:07 pm
The Inbal, David Citadel, and King David are nice and classy. I've had meetings and dates there before. Do you have a specific area of preference in Jerusalem?

amother

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:18 pm
thanks so much for the ideas!
is there any time of the DAY that is not so busy?

and not looking for dim..

Liebs

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 5:21 pm
Not sure, depends more on seasons. But most have restaurants too so lunch/dinner time more busy.
Now many from England are here on Holiday, then is US midwinter break...

israelgirl

Post Sat, Jan 03 2015, 7:33 pm
The Inbal for sure. Me and my dh go there often for night out and it's nice classy and enjoyable.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 2:12 am
thanks so much so far!

is the jerusalem gold interesting? modern or not kept up?

DrMom

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 2:49 am
Inbal (very well-lit), Mamila (very sleek/minimalist), David Citadel (light, airy, modern), Waldorf (classy and understated), King David (old world elegance, decor is very stately, nice grounds).

etky

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 3:06 am
chani8 wrote:

Yes- it is a popular venue for charedi dates (not just NY types though). I've seen many a 'shidduch date' in progress in hotel lobbies.
It is also a good place for a short visit to meet up with people who have arrived from out of town. So much nicer, more comfortable and relaxed than many of the trendier coffee shops in town or other commercial areas.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 3:44 am
I've always found the idea of frum people going to a hotel lobby for a date a real head-scratcher. Nonjewish people who cared about such things wouldn't be caught dead walking into a hotel lobby together because people would assume they were going to get a room. I wonder what hotel people think of frumsters who use their lobbies as a hangout for dates? I know what resturant/nightclub personnel think of frum couples who come in, take a table and either buy nothing at all or buy cokes, and it's not pretty. There was a very negative article in the paper some time ago about this sort of thing.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 3:52 am
The hotels in Jerusalem are fine with it, you always buy drinks wether you want or not. While dating every hotel lobby we went too had a few dates there. The only issue was when my date was late a middle aged guy asked me if I was looking for him Confused
Some have chairs placed far from each other so you have to sit at the edge to hear each other.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 3:54 am
The King Solomon isn't as gorgeous as some of the other new hotels but it's also another place to go, well lit, and the one date we went on there wasn't too crowded. It's also a good location to then take a walk (although most of these hotels are)

aussie2

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 5:54 am
I really like Waldorf Astoria.. its new and beautiful and has lots of room to sit.. the 'indoor outdoor' area near the waterfalls..
The Inbal and Ramada are also nice.

amother

Post Sun, Jan 04 2015, 11:20 am
Love Mamila.. Very romantic and gorgeous. They also have a stunning rooftop bar - take elevator to top- with an amazing view of the old city. Also there is mamila cafe on the roof of the open mall... It's off the lobby level and you have a nice view of the mall.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions