Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
"Men Visiting Women's Store"

Blossom

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 8:26 pm
I don't know if it's normal to feel this way but I was recently trying on something in a Women's apparel store when 2 men walked in.
The store was full of women only and many of them were trying on stuff so some of the women weren't so tznius.
I felt sooooo uncomfortable.

amother

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 8:47 pm
I also dont feel comfortable trying on and looking in front of a mirror checking out my behind when a man is around. I dont see men in women wear stores really anyway.

chocolate moose

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 8:58 pm
you're right, that isn't a m an's place.

greenfire

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 9:02 pm
why would you be untznius unless in a dressing room ?!?!?!

Nomad

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 9:13 pm
I was once in a ladies store and a guy who came in with a woman was about to walk into the (very public!) dressing room a few minutes after her. I was like - "dude - hello!!, get away from there!!!!"

GAMZu

Post Tue, May 29 2007, 11:48 pm
Yeah, like a young chassidish guy going with his wife to a maternity store to help her pick out a nursing bra... Ahem.

Seraph

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:26 am
A guy shouldn't come in to the store without his wife. With his wife, I can understand, but it depends also what kind of clothes. Lingerie store- sorry, he shouldn't be there, even with his wife. Its pas nisht.

Blossom

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:30 am
Quote:
why would you be untznius unless in a dressing room ?!?!?!

Because sometimes the things I'm trying on need fixing or alterations. Low necklines, short sleeves etc. etc.

PinkandYellow

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:48 am
I often go clothing shopping with dh. I always make him come into the store with me. the only time he refused to come in was I was buying a robe in a lingerie store and then he stood outside the door, even though obviously you don't have women walking around in bras. thats why there are dressing rooms.

HooRYou

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:53 am
Maybe one of them was buying DW a present or returning something for her and the other came so he would be less uncomfortable. Try and be dal l'caf tzchus. Did they walk around the racks or just do somethign quick and then leave?

Blossom

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 5:58 am
Quote:
Maybe one of them was buying DW a present or returning something for her and the other came so he would be less uncomfortable. Try and be dal l'caf tzchus. Did they walk around the racks or just do somethign quick and then leave?

I have no problem with them coming. I didn't judge them or anything. I just related how I felt.
They were going thru the racks looking for something. Maybe he wanted a gift for his wife, I don't know. I just felt uncomfortable but I didn't say he didn't have the right to be there.
Quote:
I was once in a ladies store and a guy who came in with a woman was about to walk into the (very public!) dressing room a few minutes after her. I was like - "dude - hello!!, get away from there!!!!"

Now that's a place where a man has not right at all to be Tongue Out (unless he didn't realize that it's a public place or something.)

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 3:40 pm
Even in women stores, I don't see why they are going around untznius. You don't try on clothes in public... It's not shocking to me if there is a man with his wife in such a shop. A man alone, well if he is buying something, ok. If not, I don't see what he's doing there. Lingerie shop, I suppose it's ok with the wife? Anyway you find cheaper stuff in clothes shop who also sell underwear... 200 dollars on a bra, argh

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:27 pm
I don't think it is untznius for a man to go into a clothing shop with his wife . Some men like to go see what their wives by. After all, the wife wants to please her husband. Although there is a side to say that she could buy it and return it if he doesn't like it though.

lamplighter

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:37 pm
I love going shopping with my husband but no he does not accompany me in the dressing room/s.

he does not shop with me in the jewish stores though

loveit

Post Wed, May 30 2007, 6:37 pm
arita430 wrote:
I don't think it is untznius for a man to go into a clothing shop with his wife . Some men like to go see what their wives by. After all, the wife wants to please her husband.

I agree, my husband is my main shopping partner, he has a great eye for style. However, he is very conscious, and if we are in a frum store, he won't come in if there is another woman, and if he does come in, he stands by the entrance door.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics