Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Need a good idea re: kamiyah on infant

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 7:16 am
my newborn daughter has a few medical issues, and was given a kamiyah to wear.
I am looking for a convenient, inconspicuous, safe way to attach it to her daily.
I've tried to look for some kind of pin on locket type thing online and haven't found anything.

any suggestions, links, leads would be greatly appreciated!!

for reference it just under two inches long, and is a rolled piece of parchment (klaf) that is about half the width of a pen.

tia!

(I know kamiyahs are controversial. please understand that when a family gets thrown into the medical whirlwind of an unwell child, people are consulted and decisions are made, and have to be made, quickly, decisively and permanently. we have decided that she will wear this kamiyah. if you are interested in debating the topic, kindly open a separate thread so that as the OP, I can check back this thread without ruining my peace of mind...such that it is :/ )

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 7:21 am
amother wrote:
I know kamiyahs are controversial......

I believe in Kamiyahs. My mother did as well. May I ask who made and gave you the Kamiyah, and how your daughter is doing since she has it? Hatzlacha. Not sure how big the Kamiyah is, but wearing it around the ankle is prob the best place, unless you were instructed to put it elsewhere.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 9:51 am
thanks for your reply.
I really really dont want to talk about details of my baby's situation.

I'm curious...why the ankle? we were not told anywhere specific, just to find a way to pinit on for now, until she is old enough to wear it as a necklace type thing.

MaBelleVie

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 9:57 am
I would be very nervous about using a pin on a baby. What about sewing a little pouch for it? You could punch a hole in the pouch and attach it to a charm bracelet.

Lady Bug

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:00 am
If you put it around the ankle you can tie it on safely and then it's covered with the clothing.

Barbara

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:03 am
I don't even know what a kamiyah is, but refuah shleima for your baby.

Can the kamiyah be encased in something? Would a pacifier clip work?

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:06 am
wrap it into something that is waterproof [so it doesn't get dirty or destroyed] ... then use medical tape to tape it around her ankle - or try to make it into an ankle bracelet

ankle being inconspicuous & out of the way of baby grabbing it off

refuah shelaima !!!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:07 am
Maybe put it under the mattress at the head?

Does it need to be specifically ON the baby? At the ankle seems like a good idea.

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 10:10 am
amother wrote:
thanks for your reply.
I really really dont want to talk about details of my baby's situation.

Im only asking who made it, nothing at all about your baby, because I know people who could benefit and I dont know who makes them these days. TIA

Ruchel

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 11:25 am
Would you ask if it can be attached to the crib instead? pinned over the baby on the wall?

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 11:31 am
Refuah Shalaima to your baby!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 7:38 pm
op
thanks for all the replies and well wishes, and AMEN to all "refua shelaimas".

I like the idea of putting it around her ankle, but want to look for something more permanent than medical tape daily. I wouldn't put it on her wrist because she will (Be"H) start moving her arms around and reaching for things soon.

for now, it is in a tiny zip lock (from an extra button) pinned to her car seat/bassinet, depending where she is. I think ideally it should be on her though.

I was playing with the idea of somehow using a cute or decorative pacifier clip somehow, and just clipping it on daily...but I can't figure out how to do it. any creative/crafty amothers can think of a way?

(to the amother who asked for the name of the Rav, I am blanking out on his name now and my dh isn't home yet, but it was written by the Rosh Hayeshiva of a charaidi yeshiva for mekubalim in E"Y. its a well known place, but again, I'm blanking out. its been a loooooong day...)

thinkermother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 7:48 pm
Classypaci makes custom pacifier/toy/bottle/anything clips. You can google it . Refuah sheleima

amother

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 7:57 pm
Take a piece of waterproof vinyl (like a plastic tablecloth) and sew it into a pouch to fit the klaf, then sew that pouch between 2 pieces of ribbon and attach the ribbon to a pacifier clip. If you want it to be really inconspicuous, use it as an actual pacifier clip.

My neighbors' baby wears a medical device like this and nobody can tell. He's been wearing it since 3 months and is now almost 2. Now that he doesn't use a pacifier she clips it to his undershirt.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Jan 06 2015, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
Take a piece of waterproof vinyl (like a plastic tablecloth) and sew it into a pouch to fit the klaf, then sew that pouch between 2 pieces of ribbon and attach the ribbon to a pacifier clip. If you want it to be really inconspicuous, use it as an actual pacifier clip.

My neighbors' baby wears a medical device like this and nobody can tell. He's been wearing it since 3 months and is now almost 2. Now that he doesn't use a pacifier she clips it to his undershirt.

That is genius!

For an older child, something like this would work:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2.....llery
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1.....llery
https://www.etsy.com/listing/7.....llery
https://www.etsy.com/listing/2.....llery

imasoftov

Post Mon, Jan 26 2015, 7:45 am
Barbara wrote:
I don't even know what a kamiyah is, but refuah shleima for your baby.

It means amulet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics