Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Raw cake/cookies in the freezer

gmgv

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 12:59 pm
So I'm obsessed with my freezer and try and freeze everything whenever possible. However, I have never tred to freeze raw cookie or cake dough as I'm not sure what the results will be. I'm wondering if anyone has tried and been successful or did it ruin the dough?

justmarried:)

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:14 pm
I freeze raw cookie dough all the time

tichellady

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 1:48 pm
I have done it before with raw cookie dough and it doesn't turn out as well. It's still pretty good but definitely not as good as with fresh cookie dough. The cookies don't look as pretty and the texture is a drop different.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:10 pm
There are some cookie recipes that require/recommend freezing or refridgerating before - many that have margarine - so try making those. Off the top of my head - crinkle cookies, sugar cookies.

mandksima

Post Wed, Jan 07 2015, 4:18 pm
Baked cookies and unfrosted cakes freeze so well, it might not be worth experimenting with raw to freeze. I have read many recommendations to freeze balled cookie dough and defrost to bake fresh but it takes more patience and time to freeze solid on cookie sheets before you can bag/box them away for long term freezer storage. I freeze raw items that taste remarkably better uncooked and frozen like potato kugel or shaped challah but shame to waste time with cakes and cookies that freeze so nicely.

gmgv

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 12:30 am
Thanx:) anyone ever try cake dough?

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 14 2015, 6:23 pm
cookie dough balls I freeze all the time. less tempting for me to pull out of freezer and eat.

I would not freeze cake batter. I don't think nit will work well, though ive never tried to either.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics