Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Should I be a sport?

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:31 am
My boss is designing a new website for the company. He and the VP are going to be featured on the website.

None of the other girls are going to be put on the website for frum reasons as they are not married and don't want their pictures on a public website.

They asked me to be on the website. I don't have frum reservations against it and I am already married. I really have no problem with it in theory.

The only thing is, I am not comfortable with my weight right now and am working very hard to lose. Plus the pictures are being taken today and I had no notice so I am wearing shlumpy clothing and not much makeup.

Basically I am uncomfortable being photographed and put on the website with the way I look right now.

I didn't tell him that. I just said I didn't want to. He seemed disappointed.

I feel bad and I am wondering if I should just be a sport and let them photograph me?

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:35 am
Ask permission to go home and freshen up.
The website can be updated with a better picture in a couple weeks or so when you are more comfortable with yourself.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:40 am
Thank you. That is a great idea!

blad

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:41 am
Mr. Boss should have given you advanced notice. If it's impossible to go home and dress appropriately than say NO but explain him why

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:45 am
The other 2 are men, they just need to straighten their ties and adjust their combovers Wink

amother

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:54 am
I just told him I would do it if I can go home and change.

He was very happy with that solution.

Thank you!

21young

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 10:58 am
Good for you for working that out. I recently had this issue at work; as the Director of Marketing it was important for me to show transparency about our company and I wanted everyone's pictures up on the site. Everyone agreed aside for one married woman. We had a bit of a sticky situation because she wanted her bio on the site, but no picture, and no avatar...
Your boss should have given you advance notice, though, we took pictures five times until everyone was happy.

debsey

Post Thu, Jan 15 2015, 11:27 am
One piece of advice - tell the person photographing you to stand above you and you look up at him. It's an instant face-lift and very flattering angle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics