Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Places to buy mezuzah batim in Jerusalem

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 3:07 am
What are some good places to buy an assortment of nicer mezuzah batim in Jerusalem, preferably in Geula or Meah Shearim. Not necessarily silver, but not the real common kinds.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 7:52 am
I shopped in Geulah and Meah Shearim this morning and bought some really nice stone batim in a store in Meah Shearim across from Manny's; I would still like some other batim; something different, not just the typical stuff you see in each gift shop -- maybe glass or something. Any ideas for other places to look?

water_bear88

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 7:58 am
Maybe try Mamilla or Ben Yehuda? I know I've seen more unusual designs while window-shopping, but I don't remember specific stores.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:09 am
Does the olive would shop interest you?

Iymnok

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:10 am
It has to be a more artsy place. Ben Yehuda has, also there is a store opposite the Russian compound, when you're walking from meah shearim to shaar yaffo. They sell things made by retired people, they might have something. I've never been inside, but have received gifts from there.
When I've shopped for Judaica in Geula, I went in and out of all the Judaica stores comparing process and merchandise. It's good exercise.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:33 am
Smile1234 wrote:
Does the olive would shop interest you?

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for more elegant and different.

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Jan 19 2015, 8:33 am
Iymnok wrote:

When I've shopped for Judaica in Geula, I went in and out of all the Judaica stores comparing process and merchandise. It's good exercise.

Yes, I did just that this morning. The only really interesting things I saw were the stone ones.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions