Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Borrowing clothes

Seraph

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 8:16 am
Would you borrow clothes? Would you lend out your clothes to someone?
Does it make a difference if its long term or short term? Do you have to be good freinds in order to do this?

Someone lent me some maternity clothes- my husband was very weirded out by this. I think its just cultural, and something women would do more than men.
What do you say?

chocolate moose

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 10:08 am
Only lend stuff you don't mind if it comes back ruined.

Ruchel

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 10:58 am
I don't mind borrowing or lending clothes.It can be pretty nice! I used to do it often when I was a teen. I also exchanged clothes with my mom when I was around her height. I only want them back quickly if they're my favs.
I also like giving clothes I don't wear anymore or don't really like anymore, and receive the same. My great aunt gives me clothes every time I see her because she knows we don't have frum type shops around (she's Israeli).
Sometimes I also exchanged/gave shoes by the way.

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 11:05 am
I've lent out maternity clothes but only borrowed from my sisters.

DefyGravity

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 11:05 am
I don't think that an aversion to borrowing clothes is a cultural thing, I think it's a male/female thing. My DH would never borrow clothing from another guy, but I have no problems with it.

Dini

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 11:09 am
my dh also hates when I borrow cloths so I rarely borrow

anon

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 12:06 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
Only lend stuff you don't mind if it comes back ruined.

This is true when lending out something long-term. Which is why I didn't borrow maternity clothes from friends and I wouldn't feel comfortable lending out my maternity clothes.

I have no problem borrowing or lending out clothes short term with friends. It's unlikely that something will happen to it and it's fun to wear "new" clothes!

Motek

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 2:47 pm
I wrote my response in "Missing Clothing" in the Teen section.

shoy18

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 2:57 pm
I never borrow anything but I dont mind lending things. I do not give away shoes I throw them out!

Pickle Lady

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 3:24 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I don't think that an aversion to borrowing clothes is a cultural thing, I think it's a male/female thing. My DH would never borrow clothing from another guy, but I have no problems with it.

I personally think its just person to person. My husband has borrowed suits and shirts from his friends while we were married. I borrow from my friends less than him. I have no problem with it though. My sister's boy friend also borrows from his brother and father all the time.

BennysMommy

Post Sun, Jun 03 2007, 6:33 pm
yes I agree its a man/woman thing. until I was married I borrowed and lent out my clothes. when I got married my husband thought it was so weird. I stopped doing it. he wants me to have all my own clothes and if its something I need I should buy it. he just doesnt understand that sharing clothes can be fun!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics