Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Different places for a date

amother

Post Thu, May 31 2007, 5:37 pm
I'm trying to help someone who is in the process of dating.

He is NY and is looking for somewhere different to take a girl. What I mean is, not the typical hotel lobby. Something like the Hyatt Regency in Old Greenwich is good, or better yet, somewhere that is not a hotel.

He'd also prefer to avoid NYC, but is open to go anywhere in LI, NJ, or CT.

Where have you gone (either before or after marriage) that you've enjoyed? Indoor and outdoor suggestions are both accepted!

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jun 01 2007, 7:00 am
Nice restaurant
Movies (although not great to talk, so not on first dates imo)
Park/picnic
Amusement park (we went to Eurodisneyland)
Bowling if that's their thing
Theater if they like it
Opera ^

atlastamom

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 1:47 pm
we went to a really nice place called Lyndhurst where there's an old mansion and beautiful gardens. google it to find the exact address - it was a very nice date. in the city, there's a ceramic painting store that ppl go to called "our name is mud". there's also the empire state building skyride and then they can go up to the observatory. piers are also a nice place to walk around. also, the toys r us in times square is the coolest (I don't really recommend times square for a date though - it wasn't our plan to end up there...) I'm thinking...

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 5:27 pm
Botanical Gardens (perfect for this weather)
a museum (though might be a little boring)
barnes and noble (I had a guy take me there...they have a cafe...and he showed me how he likes pop-up kids books...very interesting...)

Twizzlers

Post Thu, Jun 07 2007, 5:45 pm
check out New Roc City.

they've got arcades, mini golf, a place to take a break and get a drink.

I've been there twice on dates with diff. guys and took my sils there one chol hamoed.

also, how about the staten island ferry? if you get on the staten island side then you can take a walk around the park in manhattan when u get there and then back on the ferry to come home.

happyhub

Post Sun, Jul 01 2007, 5:16 pm
tell him to look up mansion tours in long island. my husband took me there on one of our dates and it was really nice, they also usually have beautiful gardens that you can walk around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics