Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
ATT Golden Flow milk buyers!
1  2  3  Next

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:43 am
Hi everyone! About two months ago I noticed that my milk had an unusual taste to it. It made my coffee have a "nutty" flavor. I knew it wasn't spoiled, since it was brand new and did not taste sour at all. I opened a bottle with a different expiration date and it tasted fine. I opened another bottle with the same expiration date as the first bottle, and that bottle tasted funny too.
So I chucked the "nutty" tasting milk hoping that it was just a bad batch. Sadly, I have been getting nutty flavored milk week after week. my question is, is my milk ok? Is it something in my fridge that is giving my milk an unusual flavor? Is it my grocery stores fault for the werid taste? Could the factory be doing something different with their milk?
I also really want to know if any other Golden Flow milk purchasers have experienced this?
TIA

Imhappy!

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:47 am
I would contact the company and ask them

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:47 am
I didn't notice...

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 9:53 am
I had the EXACT same experience, but with a diff brand (fresh n tasty). happened to 6 bottles of skim milk. The grocery said no other customers had complained...
for now, we switched over to lowfat (non skim) milk, same company, and it's delicious, no nutty, spoiled flavor.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:04 am
is that why my coffee taste bad ... I used cholov yisroel milk ?! Twisted Evil coffee

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:24 am
Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess I could try to call the company, but I don't know exactly what I would accomplish by doing that. They wont admit that their milk tastes funny Wink

I guess what makes the most sense is buying a different brand. But that is such a hassle since my grocery store (my one stop shop) only carries Golden Flow.

Does anyone know a cause as to why the milk tastes this way? And if it is safe for consumption?

rising hero

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:43 am
We have this with golden flow milk too. Either they spoil quickly or the expiration date they put on the bottle is incorrect.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:44 am
This is so interesting, we usually do not buy Golden Flow, we use Pride of the Farm. Dh bought two bottles of Golden Flow this week. One had a pretty close date, so when the kids complained it was spoiled I just spilled it out. Today we opened the other one and they complained again that it was spoiled. I wonder if it's just because we're not used to Golden Flow or if it really had a weird taste.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:52 am
glutenless wrote:
This is so interesting, we usually do not buy Golden Flow, we use Pride of the Farm. Dh bought two bottles of Golden Flow this week. One had a pretty close date, so when the kids complained it was spoiled I just spilled it out. Today we opened the other one and they complained again that it was spoiled. I wonder if it's just because we're not used to Golden Flow or if it really had a weird taste.

you never heard of not crying over spilled milk - in this case I wouldn't throw it out - return it to the store ...

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:53 am
Yes. It seems it is clear to me now that I wont be buying Golden Flow anymore. Oh well. So much for my one stop shop Crying Broken Heart

mommyla

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:53 am
I stopped buying Golden Flow a long time ago, it always tastes funny and it goes bad really quickly. I'd rather make another stop to get Pride of the Farm and save myself from pouring a bottle down the sink every other day!

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:55 am
greenfire wrote:
you never heard of not crying over spilled milk - in this case I wouldn't throw it out - return it to the store ...
You bet! These bottles are going back where they came from.

greenfire

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 10:59 am
out-of-town one doesn't have that many choices ... unless you go out & buy stam cholov

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:02 am
I live "in town". I'll give the other guys a try

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:07 am
pride of the farm isnt available everywhere, I believe besides for lakewood, they have it in baltimore and cleveland. I think the other milk companies dont let them sell it in brooklyn. I live in lakewood and my kids will only drink pride of the farm. In school they get golden flow and they claim nobody drinks it.

Notsobusy

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:20 am
greenfire wrote:

I know, but we were supposed to have that huge blizzard, so I didn't know when I was going to get back to the store. Also, by the time I realized how bad the milk was, we were down to about half a bottle. I have a few children who don't like anything that tastes slightly different than usual, so when they said it was spoiled I just ignored them.

MadameX

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:26 am
amother wrote:
pride of the farm isnt available everywhere, I believe besides for lakewood, they have it in baltimore and cleveland. I think the other milk companies dont let them sell it in brooklyn. I live in lakewood and my kids will only drink pride of the farm. In school they get golden flow and they claim nobody drinks it.

Polotics, ay? Rolling Eyes

rosebunch

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:31 am
Not sure what this is all about. Our golden flow milk tastes just fine. I've found that other brands spoiled quicker. I would suggest moving the bottle further into the fridge which prolongs its quality.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:39 am
I heard from an employee in a Lakewood supermarket that Pride of the Farm is the best milk for Lakewood. The farm is in Lancaster County PA. The Golden Flow milk comes from upstate NY. So Pride of the Farm has less travel time and is therefore fresher than Golden Flow in Lakewood.

That said, I have also noticed that Golden Flow has a weird taste and spoils quickly. I much prefer Pride of the Farm, or when I shop at NPGS, I buy Devash.

mommyla

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 11:51 am
LiLIsraeli wrote:
I heard from an employee in a Lakewood supermarket that Pride of the Farm is the best milk for Lakewood. The farm is in Lancaster County PA. The Golden Flow milk comes from upstate NY. So Pride of the Farm has less travel time and is therefore fresher than Golden Flow in Lakewood.

That said, I have also noticed that Golden Flow has a weird taste and spoils quickly. I much prefer Pride of the Farm, or when I shop at NPGS, I buy Devash.

I find that the Devash goes funny sometimes too. I was not happy when NPGS stopped carrying Pride of the Farm.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics