Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Please help me word this thank-you note!

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 2:40 pm
I'm writing a thank you note to a relative who gave us a very generous sum of money as a wedding gift. The thank you note is a few months overdue- life has been very crazy in the last year. embarrassed
The gift itself was given around our second anniversary.
What I'm having difficulty with is a line about how we plan to use it- we've pretty much set up our household (kitchen, furniture, etc), so we're putting it into savings towards a mortgage (which, be"H and if we're careful, we might reach within 10 years). How would you word that part of the thank you note? I can manage the rest of it ok myself...

vicki

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 4:02 pm
I'm not so good with words but I know that I wouldn't specify what the money will be used for.
You never know if something about your plans will be offensive to the giver.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 4:15 pm
Really? I was always taught to do so, not necessarily specifically- when I wrote thank you notes shortly after the wedding, I thanked people and said their gift would "be of great help in setting up our new household". It was true then, and I think vague enough not to offend anyone- it just feels silly to write that now.

PAMOM

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:53 pm
After you thank them for their kind and generous gift, you tell them how much fun you'll have planning how to use it.
New paragraph thanks them for being part of your lives

amother

Post Thu, Jan 29 2015, 5:59 pm
Thank you! Managed to finish it in the end.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette