Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Looking for travel buddy
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

fmt4

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:19 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
Splitpea, please define your post.

1. Are you saying you would go if someone pays your airfare and hotel and rental car, or are you saying you would split?

2. What about museums and/or zoos? Do you need someone who would pay your admission or would you pay your own admission?

I think if you clarified your post then maybe you would get more responses.

This is so bizzare and rude. Why would you assume such a thing??? There is no way her OP could be read to mean that she wants someone to pay for her trip.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:44 am
smilingmom wrote:
I am going to west palm beach from 2/11 to 2/16. Since I have off Lincoln's birthday 2/12 and Washington's Birthday 2/16.
I would invite anyone to come along, but I am just going to relax. No car and there are no kosher restaurants nearby. I am staying at my mil's empty two bedroom condo in century village, so their is swimming and gym and stuff like that.

sounds nice - I hope you'll eat

smilingmom wrote:
The most frugal and wonderful vacation is last minute cruise deals. I went to Bermuda for seven days, from nyc and paid 500 and change per person for a room with balcony. Kosher food was plentiful.

my niece just went on the cruise to nowhere from nyc

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:52 am
Going on vacation alone can be extremely relaxing and fulfilling. We are so used to being with and needing people to go with- try and picture yourself going just with YOU!

You get to do what you like most, have time to really think about your life, and of course come back missing your loved ones. It's thrilling, actually, not to need anyone and just do what you would love to do.

I just did it and it was my most amazing trip ever. I chose somewhere I already knew from before- so I could just enjoy what I love most.

Try it- it will be unforgettable!!!

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:03 am
fmt4 wrote:
This is so bizzare and rude. Why would you assume such a thing??? There is no way her OP could be read to mean that she wants someone to pay for her trip.

Your post is rude. If you knew opinionated you would realize she c doesn't mean it.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 8:31 am
amother wrote:
Your post is rude. If you knew opinionated you would realize she c doesn't mean it.

it has nothing to do with being nice or not - basic english should be understood and not crazy notions presumed

& rules say do NOT insult as 'amother'

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:33 am
Bebesimcha wrote:
Omg this has been a sore point in my marriage lately! I am much more of an extrovert than DH. He is also super conscious of what pple will think. Put those two facts together w the fact that we have two children in Shidduchim. Now my friends asked me to join them on a road trip for two nights. Nothing expensive. He thought it's weird to go overnight with friends. Then I noticed the ad for project Inspire shabbos I said that I would love to go. He dislikes speeches. So I said I would go w my mom. Oh wow! It would have been nice if he would have said that he would miss me over shabbos or feel incomplete w/ o me. That was not the case. Back to it's weird!!!
What do u ladies think? Is it so weird? I think we all need girl time? Pj party!!

My dh is like that too. I so needed a vacation once, I said I'm going to my sister and going on vacation the 2 of us. He thought it was rude. (So I Guess it's a bit different, but I didn't do it and I still regret it years later )

He also thinks it's weird if we don't go together places. Like my sister was having something on shabbos, I wanted to go there. He hates going there, so I said you go to your parents with some kids and I go there with some, he thought everyone would talk about our sholom bayis (which is fine thank you. ..)

Oh well , I've learnt to just do it so I don't resent him:) and he realized we can be very happily married even if we don't do everything together.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 11:26 am
the best relationships are when each individual has their own mind & then the 2 can come together as a complete whole

going on vacation alone makes a lot of sense ... no less than going to a football game without one's wife

Bebesimcha

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:05 pm
FranticFrumie

I love your graphics!! I can feel the warmth of the party as I type this in the freezing snow on my computer.
hey,,,wishful thinking aint so bad if its all you got, right?

No one answered my question yet. Is it really so weird to go overnight with some girlfriends just for a break? Does that automatically mean ones marriage is rocky or whatever pple say?!!!
Anyway as far as I am concerned if what I am doing is halachakilly permissible and not that socially awkward, I
don;t care what pple say..but, DH does!!

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:11 pm
Bebesimcha wrote:

No one answered my question yet. Is it really so weird to go overnight with some girlfriends just for a break? Does that automatically mean ones marriage is rocky or whatever pple say?!!!

you don't like my answer ...

no it's not weird
it does not mean your marriage is on the rocks
it means you are 2 people with different needs - at times - other times you intertwine

Bebesimcha

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:23 pm
oh I just saw that some of you really get me! Phew...at least that is a relief! I am so annoyed that I did not register for the project inspire Shabbos. I know that it would have given me a lot of "inspiration". I should have given him the option of coming and not going to the speeches or going to my married son for Shabbos. Why must I give in all the time? We are individuals and a couple, as "greenfire"said! I need to learn how to express my individuality without it coming across as arrogant or disrespectful of his. Any suggestion of how to do this?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:24 pm
greenfire wrote:
it has nothing to do with being nice or not - basic english should be understood and not crazy notions presumed

What insult by me? Opinionated is the one who was insulted. I am sure she can read and write basic English. Perhaps she doesn't pick up on social cues and we should be kinder to her because of it.

If someone presumes crazy notions, should someone wonder why and be kinder or should be just go and hurt someone?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:34 pm
greenfire wrote:

What insult by me? Opinionated is the one who was insulted. I am sure she can read and write basic English. Perhaps she doesn't pick up on social cues and we should be kinder to her because of it.

If someone presumes crazy notions, should someone wonder why and be kinder or should they go and hurt someone?

smilingmom

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 5:38 pm
smilingmom wrote:
I am going to west palm beach from 2/11 to 2/16. Since I have off Lincoln's birthday 2/12 and Washington's Birthday 2/16.
I would invite anyone to come along, but I am just going to relax. No car and there are no kosher restaurants nearby. I am staying at my mil's empty two bedroom condo in century village, so their is swimming and gym and stuff like that.

Quote:
greenfire wrote: sounds nice - I hope you'll eat

There's plenty of supermarket takeout, I just prefer being waited on.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 6:01 pm
smilingmom wrote:

There's plenty of supermarket takeout, I just prefer being waited on.

it's only 1 hour 31 minutes drive south to miami :arrow:

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 7:58 pm
greenfire wrote:

Without a car, thats a long walk

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:16 pm
shanie5 wrote:
Without a car, thats a long walk

right long walk at 71.5 miles - but maybe there's a bus

https://www.greyhound.com/fare.....8bd65

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 9:22 pm
splitpea ~ when do plan to go on this vacation ?

Basimcha

Post Mon, Feb 02 2015, 10:38 pm
greenfire wrote:

I believe a restaurant opened up in west palm beach recently. If you need the address I can get it for you.

smilingmom

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 8:55 am
Basimcha wrote:
I believe a restaurant opened up in west palm beach recently. If you need the address I can get it for you.

Thanks. I'd appreciate it. I tried googling and nothing came up.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:17 am
Basimcha wrote:

yup that was smilingmom - not I who needs it [although I'm tempted to join her]
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics