Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Help my cookies

buster

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 6:54 am
http://overtimecook.com/2015/0.....rine/

I used quick cooking oats and now my dough is super crumbly. How can I salvage? I added a little oil but it's not coming together.....

chani8

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 6:57 am
You could always add water. That always works, but takes away the 'melt in your mouth' experience. Oh, the other solution is to make balls with your hands, really working the dough into a tight ball. Then skip the mashing it down thing, or proceed to fork it gently.

oliveoil

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 7:24 am
I don't think the problem is that you used quick oats. I've heard of people having trouble with this recipe in general.

mamallama

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:32 am
Try adding some applesauce -- I do this when my cookie dough is crumbly. Also it sometimes helps to leave the dough in the fridge for a bit before forming the cookies.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 10:35 am
quick oats are usually the better bet for baking ... because they're more crumbled

what is the solution ... what chani8 said ... or add some oil or egg or more peanut butter to help bind a little more and still be moist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins