Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Scotland mm ideas

ruby slippers

Post Fri, Feb 06 2015, 11:25 am
was thinking of doing a Scotland theme- can't wait for my men to wear kilts. I have been collecting the containers that the scotch comes in to use as a holder. was going to buy mini scotches, butterscotch filled hamantaschen, Scottish shortbread,, I wonder if there is scotch candy tape.. any other ideas- I am sure someone has done this theme before....

CatLady

Post Fri, Feb 06 2015, 11:29 am
Kishka is the Jewish approximation of haggis - maybe a container of kishka and gravy with an explanatory note??? If you can find CDs of bagpipe music at the Dollar Store, that'd be cool too.

Mrs Bissli

Post Sat, Feb 07 2015, 7:04 pm
Kishke and haggis are completely different stuff... I'd stick to (porridge) oats. You can also do smoked salmon, scotch eggs. You can also do shortbreads (but not with scotch eggs obviously). Or that scottish artery-clogging delicacy known as deep-fried Mars bar (in batter)? I assume it'll be hard to find Irn-Bru (a popular soda drink up north). Can you find thisle from florists?

bamba

Post Mon, Feb 09 2015, 6:52 pm
Search for tartan patterned bags, ribbons. Can make tartan biscuits, mini bottles of whisky, smoked salmon, shortbread, can write a happy purim poem in style of robbie burns...
If think of anything else will post some more.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics