Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Article: The Anti-Vaccine Movement Should Be Ridiculed
Previous  1  2  3  Next

GreenEyes26

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 7:18 am
eemachana wrote:
Puke

There is absolutely no point to this thread except to provoke and ridicule.

If anyone ever decides to start a pro-vax thread that's educational and rational and reasonable and states reputable studies, and is free of name calling and ridicule and finger pointing, feel free to PM me and I'll read it.

Otherwise I'm done dealing with all the unbased hatred and garbage.

Banging head

Oh no. We won't have to listen to your outlandish theories and innumerable reiterations of "I did my research, ok? I made an educated decision based on junk science/misconstrued studies/outlawed doctors."?

I'm so sad.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 8:24 am

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 8:45 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
If this wasn't so sad it would be hysterically funny. I could only imagine giving this as a gag gift - if I found it in a yard sale for a nickel.

I actually did laugh hysterically at the "reviews" . They were really funny!

Think1st

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 3:37 pm
youngishbear wrote:
If the antis wouldn't be so intent on proselytizing I would shut up.

But there has to be a dissenting voice to the nonsense, one as deep and reassuring as the antivax one is shrill and alarming.

Those on the fence should hear the facts, not just the scaremongering.

You raised valid point, however when they are scapegoated they need to fight back.

2 common arguments against contradict each other ,1st anti's are blamed for being selfish & relying on other peoples vaccines"herd immunity"
next they are blamed for proselytizing, would you please explain that to me, with the same respect I give you

I understand you mean the best for your family & society so do I, my homework has led me to an opposing view how to achieve it

I was never so vocal until my kid got kicked out of playgroup, a day after marrying of another child. Administrator saying medical exemption would be fine, after spending time & $ to get it that same day nurse says NO.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 3:46 pm
Think1st wrote:
You raised valid point, however when they are scapegoated they need to fight back.

2 common arguments against contradict each other ,1st anti's are blamed for being selfish & relying on other peoples vaccines"herd immunity"
next they are blamed for proselytizing, would you please explain that to me, with the same respect I give you

I understand you mean the best for your family & society so do I, my homework has led me to an opposing view how to achieve it

I was never so vocal until my kid got kicked out of playgroup, a day after marrying of another child. Administrator saying medical exemption would be fine, after spending time & $ to get it that same day nurse says NO.

I actually began composing a post, and wanted to start a thread about this very contradiction and self defeating goal of antivaxxers.

The more people you convince, the more diseases will spread, the bigger the outcry and legal crackdown.

You will not convince me that the risks of vaccinating outweigh the benefits. Why bother trying? And what do you gain?

I am positive that your goal to protect your child (which I respect) is destructive to society. The more of you there are, the more I see the havoc your ideas are wreaking and the angrier I become.

(You can call me a delayer because I never give shots when kids are fighting off other infections. OTOH I have given shots early when warranted to protect a newborn in the family or when there was a local outbreak. Thanks to people like you.)

So wouldn't it be in your best interest to just stay quiet?

Think1st

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:00 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I actually began composing a post, and wanted to start a thread about this very contradiction and self defeating goal of antivaxxers.

The (1)more people you convince, the more diseases will spread, the bigger the outcry and legal crackdown.

You will not convince me that the risks of vaccinating outweigh the benefits. Why bother trying? And what do you gain(2)?

I am positive that your goal to protect your child (which I respect) is destructive to society. The more of you there are, the more I see the havoc your ideas are wreaking and the angrier I become.

( (3)You can call me a delayer because I never give shots when kids are fighting off other infections. OTOH I have given shots early when warranted to protect a newborn in the family or when there was a local outbreak. (4) Thanks to people like you.)

So wouldn't it be in your best interest to just stay quiet?

(1) How about less cancer, Infertility etc.

(2) I You may have made your mind up, but may others have woken up over the past few years & now they thank me

(3 ) I would rather avoid name calling

(4)there are still many people around who remember when kids would visit their friends with measles ,mumps or chicken pox etc, so they can get it to, rather than in adulthood when gets more risky.Once big there $, fear mongering gets in it became hysteria

moonbeam

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:04 pm
Oh, how the times have changed...

amother

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:18 pm
Think1st wrote:

(2) I You may have made your mind up, but may others have woken up over the past few years & now they thank me

(4)there are still many people around who remember when kids would visit their friends with measles ,mumps or chicken pox etc, so they can get it to, rather than in adulthood when gets more risky.Once big there $, fear mongering gets in it became hysteria

Oh. my. god. Are you still going at that?
you keep saying the same garbage yet never prove it. It is totally false.

vaccines don't cause cancer. vaccines don't cause infertility.
you actually sound pathetic when you keep saying that.

moonbeam

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:21 pm
amother wrote:

At least she uses her screen name. You don't sound so hot yourself when you talk like that and hide behind "amother".

Think1st

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:

http://www.fda.gov/downloads/B.....7.pdf

Scroll down to page 16

13 NONCLINICAL TOXICOLOGY

13.1 Carcinogenesis, Mutagenesis, Impairment of Fertility

FluMist Quadrivalent has not been evaluated for its carcinogenic or mutagenic potential or its potential to impair fertility

Almost every vaccine insert says that

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancercauses/othercarcinogens/generalinformationaboutcarcinogens/known-and-probable-human-carcinogens

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/va.....s.htm

Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.

But how much remains, & why was it never evaluated ? Do you believe the can't figure out out or the would rather not

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/formaldehyde

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm.....1028/

Last edited by Think1st on Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:35 pm; edited 2 times in total

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:32 pm
Think1st wrote:

I hear you.

"Do as I say, and one day you'll thank me".

You mean my children's health, out of pure goodness.

If that's what you believe then good. There's nothing more to discuss.

I don't mean any of the above sarcastically. I appreciate the glimpse into your mindset.

Cheers To life.

Think1st

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:43 pm
youngishbear wrote:
I hear you.

"Do as I say, and one day you'll thank me".

You mean my children's health, out of pure goodness.

If that's what you believe then good. There's nothing more to discuss.

I don't mean any of the above sarcastically. I appreciate the glimpse into your mindset.

Cheers To life.

Sorry even to my own kids,I say do some more home work, these are the books, lectures, Md's etc I based my decision on, educate yourself 1st then decide. I provide the info you decide, make an informed choice, they do NOT regret educating themselves

If there is any info you believe I may be missing, by all means please educate me.

imasoftov

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:51 pm
eemachana wrote:
Oh, how the times have changed...

If we're going to have this out in pictures, no problem ...

Last edited by imasoftov on Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 4:53 pm
Think1st wrote:
Sorry even to my own kids,I say do some more home work, these are the books, lectures, Md's etc I based my decision on, educate yourself 1st then decide. I provide the info you decide, make an informed choice, they do NOT regret educating themselves

If there is any info you believe I may be missing, by all means please educate me.

It's not about missing information, I think. Its more about distrust and selective faith.

It seems to be that your movement is picking out the one in a million side effects and adding the speculation that minute amounts of chemicals are causing illnesses that have many contributing factors.

Since nothing I say will make a difference, there's nothing left to say.

Think1st

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 5:30 pm
youngishbear wrote:
It's not about missing information, I think. Its more about distrust and selective faith.

It seems to be that your movement is picking out the one in a million side effects and adding the speculation that minute amounts of chemicals are causing illnesses that have many contributing factors.

Since nothing I say will make a difference, there's nothing left to say.

Please explain

Distrust: whom

Selective faith: In what

one in a million: Asthma 1 in 10 autism 1 in 68

Speculation: when the insert clearly warns you about it

minute: http://water.epa.gov/drink/contaminants/basicinformation/mercury.cfm

Unsafe @ 2 parts per BILLION

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 5:51 pm
Think1st wrote:

You cannot educate yourself.

That is the big nonsense.

There is no such thing as self-taught doctor or vaccine scientist.

This is about Mumps. It is about Idaho. It seems to be a website about outbreaks.

That is not "educating yourself". You can read this website all day and still not be a doctor or a vaccine scientist.

http://outbreaknewstoday.com/I.....6348/

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 5:58 pm
Think1st wrote:

I hereby offer to educate you, please join me for one evening per week for an educational session about medicine, medical research and critical evaluation of this research. We can start wherever and whenever you want.

Shall we discuss the definition of statistical significance? 

Or confidence intervals, p values, standard deviations, relative v absolute risk and risk reduction, population demographics and risk benefit ratio? 

Or germ theory, bacterial and viral infections, SIRS and other normal and abnormal responses to infection, immunoglobulins, and the innate and the adaptive immune systems? 

I would be happy to volunteer my time to discuss these and more topics of relevance to you, on the basis that you commit to learning about Hashem's amazing gifts he has given us in terms of modern medicine with an open mind to the wonders I can reveal. 

None of this is sponsored by a drug company (I don't even know anyone who works for one), or the government, or the CDC, or the CIA, or any other conspiracy you might imagine. 

All I ask is that you come with an open mind to learn the scientific and medical knowledge I can share, and as long as you promise to pass on the knowledge, I am happy to teach you all those things you want to learn about how insulin works, how the body fights infection, how neurotoxins and cellular toxins work, all to the best of my ability. 

We can review all those studies that concern you, and discuss the risks and benefits of any medical treatment you wish. If you want, I can introduce you to people who had childhood polio, or TB, or meningitis, or other diseases you want to learn about. You can volunteer to spend a shift with me working in the ED, and see how the nasty evil money grabbing doctors actually treat patients with minor and major illnesses (providing you get police clearance). 

I can even take you to the Ebola ward, although it is empty right now, and you can talk to the doctors who were in West Africa treating hundreds of dying people. 

Or the asthma clinic, where the vast majority did not have vaccinations as they were born long before they were routine. 

Please let me know when you want to come, and we can sort a date out to start our educational program. 

A free medical course, if you wish. Or you can continue to quack like a duck. Your choice.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 6:27 pm
Frumdoc, is your offer available to us vaxxers too?

Free med school!! Yippee!!

But something tells me, as dolly puts it, I would still not be a doctor, even after all that Question

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 6:44 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Frumdoc, is your offer available to us vaxxers too?

Free med school!! Yippee!!

But something tells me, as dolly puts it, I would still not be a doctor, even after all that Question

Of course!

It may have to be a correspondence course, as I don't live in the US and I doubt many of you would be willing to move to Europe just for this Wink

And you don't need to be a doctor, you need to be an educated patient and parent. And it is fun, learning about the body!

sky

Post Sun, Feb 08 2015, 7:54 pm
Think1st wrote:
http://www.fda.gov/downloads/BiologicsBloodVaccines/Vaccines/ApprovedProducts/UCM294307.pdf

Formaldehyde is used to inactivate bacterial products for toxoid vaccines, (these are vaccines that use an inactive bacterial toxin to produce immunity.) It is also used to kill unwanted viruses and bacteria that might contaminate the vaccine during production. Most formaldehyde is removed from the vaccine before it is packaged.

But how much remains, & why was it never evaluated ? Do you believe the can't figure out out or the would rather not

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Risk/formaldehyde

Why is formaldehyde dangerous? The amounts are documented. Rather then throwing around scary words and vague facts can you please give me facts regarding these?

This is what I know about formaldehyde. Can you tell me what the actual issue is?

HepB - Recombivax - 3 doses - 7.5μg/dose
DTaP - Infanrix - 5 doses - 100μg/dose
Hib - ActHIB - 3 doses - 0.5μg/dose
IPV - IPOL - 4 doses - 100μg/dose
Influenza - Fluzone - 7 doses - 100μg/dose
HepA - Havrix - 2 doses - 100μg/dose

the average person gets about 10 - 20 mg of formaldehyde every day from apples, pears, carrots, milk, cosmetics, etc.

A single pear has 38 – 60 mg\kg of formaldehyde. Should I stop eating pears? When pears are in season my family can go through double those in a week.

A banana has 16 mg\kg of formaldehyde. Is it dangerous to feed to my child? That is about how many banans my child may eat over the course of a week.

can people get sick from eating pears and bananas?
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics