Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Anyone else not do a theme for MM?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 7:42 pm
No theme. I try to make something that looks classic and can be made in advance.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Feb 17 2015, 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

sky

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 7:46 pm
I do a real food theme. Everything I give is real good food.

little_mage

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 7:51 pm
According to my husband, there's a German custom to make man shaped cookies and hang them, like Haman and his sons. So last year, and I'll probably do the same again this year, I gave a gingerbread man cookie and a twizzlers.

loveandpeace

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:11 pm
I like soon something neat. I don't do theme.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 8:22 pm
Most of the people I get mishloche manot from don't have a theme. I probably get just one with a theme a year.
I only do a theme on years where I happen to have a great idea and things just fall into place (meaning I find a container/bag/bowl/vessel and items that go with the theme without me having to work too hard on it).

yidishmamma

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 7:08 pm
I don't do theme either . Thinking of doing this year bilkele or small challa with grape juice. If anyone did this how did u package it?

amother

Post Mon, Feb 16 2015, 7:20 pm
Like zaq, I also never knew about themes until I joined imamother. Everyone here gives bags of candy. I'm anon because I make the same thing almost every year. I make a cupcake baked inside of an ice cream cone and stick a bottle of juice in the paper bag as well. I set the cupcake cone inside of a plastic cup so it doesn't get messed up in the bag. I use a paper lunch sack. No one seems to care.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics