Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets
Holy cats

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 3:50 pm
everything seems to get holes - so I'm wearing this sweatshirt & I am pretty sure it didn't have any holes ... lo & behold - kitty was in my arms & now - it's holey

it's getting tiring ...

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 4:02 pm
Stanley has rather poor claw control for an adult cat, and he likes to knead, he almost destroyed a real silk bedspread when I first got him. Luckily he is addicted to cardboard scratchers so I only have the mess of paper shreds to vac on a daily basis.

He biggest flaw is his numerous attempts to kill me.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 4:11 pm
well I did have a nice blood bath when he hooked my lip as I tried to save our foster kitty ... yeah that one hurt for a while

I expect to get scratched when I cut their nails or bathe them - but not holes holes and more holes

he has a special box that he shreds and sits it & I give him old telephone books - oh no did they stop making telephone books Scratching Head

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 4:19 pm
Oooh I like the phone book idea, we still get phone books on our door steps. I'll give that a try as a free substitute. I gave him a couple of splits of fire wood last year, but it held no appeal. Cats are like boats, they're someplace to deposit your disposable income that isn't a bank.

I went two years without a cat after my last fellow had to be euthanized. Folks say it's healthy for elders who live alone to have a pet. Sure, I wound up in the ER last Dec. with a massive infection caused by a bite. (He escaped and after I caught him he bit me.) It is nice having someone to talk to. 'Stanley, you cannot believe what this Ima just posted, let me read it to you.'

imasinger

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 5:19 pm
MagentaYenta wrote:

He biggest flaw is his numerous attempts to kill me.

Rolling Laughter

I dare you to start a thread with this line in the SB forum!

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 5:45 pm
imasinger wrote:
Rolling Laughter

I dare you to start a thread with this line in the SB forum!

I failed to mention we are incompatible in bed as well. embarrassed

chani8

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:20 am
My kitties go wild for baby formula, fresh or spit up. They got hold of a burp cloth and ate large holes out of it.

But Greenfire, what is it that your kitty is doing? Eating holes or scratching?

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:36 am
neither ... jumping out of my hands and ripping things ... or suddenly there are just holes

other things I'm convinced they must be kneading at ... I had to give one kitty a blanky so she doesn't make holes in mine ... she had a routine ... come sit by my face - get cuddled and scratched on her head & neck & chin ... then purrs for a few ... then she sporadically jumps out ... kneads the blanky then sits on my feet for the night

mr katzele needs to get hugged & spooned like a man ... then when missy comes he runs away to look for my daughter - their real owner - alternatively - he goes to my feet under the blanket and then missy goes under the bed where it's warm next to the heat register

I'm like the grandma that becomes the mother since I'm up for the morning feed

chani8

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:43 am
Mine climb under the blanket and then decide it's fun to fight. Sometimes they attack me for no reason. And if I so much as wiggle a bit to get comfortable, it's like an invitation to attack.

The other terrible thing they do is race around chasing each other, always when I'm going to sleep, and next thing I know, my face is part of their race track. Ugh.

greenfire

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 12:46 am
I've forgotten about the bite my toes if I wiggle ... yeah I am NOT a mouse

our foster kitty would grab - hard enough to cry cause he wouldn't let go [alas he has been adopted - but that's another thread another problem]

tikvakfk1

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 12:33 pm
My Rosencrantz really likes foam, like memory foam mattresses, and has decided that he must knead them whenever he's on it. It isn't holey but not there are HUGE chunks in it and if I turn it over, he'll just do it more. We even got him his own little bed made of the stuff to deter him.

saralem

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 4:41 pm
Lol!! I too have feline children living in my home who get into all kinds of stuff. The best is my dk (kitty) who brings home gifts. Some are even still alive.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Pets