Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Need Mishloach Manos idea

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 7:50 pm
I am coming up blank on what to give for Mishloach manos. I don't give junk, nosh... although I will sometimes put in a small candy if it matches the rest of the food, for example banana muffins with banana flavored drink, I also put in a few banana shaped candy. Or pretty brown cookies with a mini brown liquor bottle and a small bag of chocolate covered raisins or nuts. Sometimes it matches my kids costumes like the banana mm to go with monkey costumes, sometimes it's just something pretty. But always has some homemade food or baked goods.
After this whole long intro, what can I make if my kids are the purim characters-esther, vashti, achashveirosh, mordechai...? Any ideas to match the costumes? Or just any ideas of something I can make that can be presented nicely? I like to make my mm look pretty.

mom2be1

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 7:55 pm
Grape juice and hamantash on a mirrored tray.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:13 pm
Someone I know (here) made delicious carrot muffins with dairy cream cheese frosting piped on in thick high gorgeous swirls. She placed them in cupcake pastry boxes with a window to see inside. I don't remember if she end up adding an orange flavored liquor or carrot juice but it was delicious and really beatiful. I don't know where you live but this year I actually saw the pastry boxes locally.

granolamom

Post Mon, Feb 23 2015, 10:03 pm
I saw those pastry boxes in michaels today. I like that idea, maybe next year for me, mine are already done.

piece

Post Tue, Feb 24 2015, 2:01 am
maybe a crown & then put stuff in the middle of it. maybe make round challas with a hole in the middle; & put a wine bottle in the middle & wrap it in gold & put gold/silver wrapped chocolates or candies.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics