Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
I need help writing a poem

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 11:25 am
I do not know how to write but I want to send some kind of writing in for a family newsletter.
It is in memory of a dear niece that past away recently as 16. She was such a sweet person, always cared about everyone else. She would help everyone non-stop with the children, cooking cleaning. when she saw someone did not have a friend she always made sure to go over and keep her company.
All in all she was a very special girl. I would like to write a poem but have ZERO talent in this area,
Can anyone help?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:14 pm
op, a poem is lovely, but in this case I think it best for you to write in prose. write about all the things you miss about this relative. we can help you edit for spelling, grammar, and punctuation.

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

oliveoil

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 12:48 pm
I agree. Skip the poem and write something heartfelt.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 1:38 pm
Something that emotional should come from yourself. Please only write what you can & I agree as well a poem is not necessary in this instance.

May her soul rest in peace.

amother

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:46 pm
Original Poster
This is what I came up with - not to great but I am really terrible with writing!! Please help

Always a smile on your face,
To help others you always did race.
A צנועה beyond any doubt,
To what a high level you did mount!
דרך ארץ was your constant companion,
With kindness you filled your olam habah wagon
Without you we feel so bereft,
Oh, what a void you have left.
But you are in a better place,
In the שכינה הקודשה’s embrace.
From deep in our hearts we do call,
Please be a מיליץ יושר for us all.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Mar 11 2015, 8:57 pm
amother wrote:
Original Poster
This is what I came up with - not to great but I am really terrible with writing!! Please help

I think you write very well. And it's obvious you feel a need to express yourself in a poem. I think this was fine. There are some lines at the beginning that could be tweaked, maybe someone will help you. But if not, send it in as is if you're not moved to write anything else before the deadline.
May your family find a nechama, and be heartened that despite her short life, she achieved so much and mattered to so many in such meaningful and beautiful ways.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club