Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
One small thing has brought me comfort..

BrachaBatya

Post Tue, Mar 24 2015, 6:36 pm
In the wake of the devastating, inexplicably horrendous tragedy this weekend in Brooklyn, I have noticed at least one small positive thing that has been a touch comforting. I have noticed that many, many strangers who did not know the Sasson family, from the non-Jewish world and from the Jewish-but-not-frum world have been EXTREMELY compassionate, devastated, caring and concerned about this event. It has brought me a small modicum of comfort to see, to read and to interact in person with people from SO many different backgrounds who are reeling in pain over this enormous loss. At heart, perhaps we are more united with others on this earth than we sometimes feel. Tragic human loss like this is devastating, no matter which community it takes place in. It feels so very close to home for us now - and it is - may HaShem help us through it.....and yet.....our pain is shared by others who are not part of our frum world, or even the Jewish world - there is caring and love and support without borders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics