Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Beauty and the Best, yes, the BEST
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Thu, Jun 14 2007, 10:32 pm
chocolate moose wrote:
I have eye lashes dyed once in 3 mos; it's like permanent mascara.

For anyone who has never had this done before, DON'T do it for the first time right before an important event, such as, oh, let's say, your own wedding. I did........ three days before my wedding!!!! And my eyes had a terrible reaction and got completely swollen and red and stayed that way for two days - until I went to the doctor (the day before my wedding) and got a prescription for some kind of steroid ointment. BH my chosson didn't see me that week. I looked terrible and I was so scared that I would have to look like that on my wedding day. shock

gold21

Post Fri, Jun 15 2007, 9:45 am
just found this thread....cool idea......!!
um I have no amazing beauty tips...like uh dont overdo your eyeliner, it actually makes your eyes look smaller when you over-do it: a moderate amount is cool though, and looks great....and replace your mascara every 4 months to avoid old clumpy stuff.....DONT overdo foundation/ base, it looks yuk and ages you when you are wearing a mask of makeup....always blend your foundation/ base into your neck to avoid that unnatural look where the makeup stops at you jaw...um what else?...um LIP GLOSS I love the stuff...a lot more than lipstick...!
k nuff 4 now Tongue Out

Beauty and the Beast

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 11:53 am
thanks!!
I was away from the computer for a while, it is all screwed up.... but it should be fine for now which means I can hang out here!! yaaaaaay.

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 12:34 pm
ok new tip: get covergirl lash exact mascara. its awesome! much better than my old maybelline great lash mascara. gives long defined lashes with minimal clumping!! yay!!

HindaRochel

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 12:43 pm
I'm a soap and water girl myself. I dislike makeup, so does dh.

Less is more?

gold21

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 12:53 pm
yeah...honestly I dont wear that much makeup for everyday...though I always try to put on at least a little bit so I dont look like im still sleeping...just dont have the time for much....I dress up for shabbos though!! Tongue Out

bashinda

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 1:17 pm
I could never get mascara not to clump so I don't use it. regular days I put on powder, lipliner and lipstick and zeh-oh. Shabbos I put on that plus eyeliner and blush. don't even use moisterizer on my cheeks. Maybe I should? Who knows. My hachlata is to have makeup and sheitel for when DH comes home though, IY"H

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 4:39 pm
that's why I like having my lashes dyed and my legs waxed for me. then, I don't have to think about it.

happymom

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 4:45 pm
permanent mark=er and hairspray on the face dont sound too healthy for the body

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jun 18 2007, 5:11 pm
(shrug)

it's not easy to be a lady!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 12:34 am
happymom wrote:
permanent mark=er and hairspray on the face dont sound too healthy for the body

yeah, yeah, but then again, many other things arent... its all to be in moderation... Wink

Seraph

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 2:32 am
I love makeup and how I look in it.

My husband prefers me without.
I don't get it. I definitely look prettier with makeup on...
So I compromise and put on light makeup when I want to look pretty.

Oh- I've tried blush/bronzer as eye shadow. Very natural, non glaring...

Beauty and the Beast

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 3:53 pm
looks lime many of you are reading and not posting your wonderful beauty tips. oh well, whenever your ready, were ready!!

ok, so I will add another one.

when I have black marks under my eyes from leftover eyeliner in the morning, ( I dont always wash it off sooooo well...) I use my moisturizer to remove it. That way, I am putting it on my whole face, and its good for my eye are too.
Never rub too hard in the eye area. It is a very sensitive place and will only bring on wrinkles faster!

use eyeshadow as liner. just wet ur brush and trace a line in the eyeshadow, shake off the excess off your brush, and voila!

MyKidsRQte

Post Tue, Jun 19 2007, 7:41 pm
I don't walk out the door without earrings and lipstick. And looking into the mirror, of course, before walking out

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 11:36 pm
hi guys!!
I was just thinking, this thread can also be a place for you to post your beauty questions and predicaments and I will be more than happy to help you with them!!
Have a good one!! Very Happy

amother

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 12:09 am
wear sunglasses for instant glamour. I like wearing them on top of my head- adds height. of course, when I start squinting , I put them on.

heels. nothing else can do what they can.

mumoo

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 11:33 am
after a night shower, I slather vasoline (petroleum jelly) on my feet, especially the heels. I wear cotton footie socks to bed. After a few days of this the skin is like a baby's. also good for elbows and knees (but be careful of your sheets)

Basya

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 12:27 pm
Physicians Formula Peach to Glow - It gives the face a pretty glow and I use it instead of base - much lighter and more natural looking.

When using bronzer- only put it on the outside circle border of the face- that way you look tanned and not made up.

Wearing eyeliner on the top - opens your eyes- good for the day
eyeliner under your eyes is better at night- but it can make your eyes look smaller or tired.

Basya

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 12:31 pm
Hey! I just found this 'peach to glow' picture- it's my new avatar!

momof2

Post Fri, Jun 22 2007, 1:38 pm
okay well first of all... I have to wear makeup every day! I just need my eyeliner, foundation, mascara and bronzer. I'm not the lipstick type of girl. When I want my lips to look nice I use chapstick. It adds a pretty natrual color and the smell is nice. (If I was going to an event...like a wedding id wear gloss)

so my beauty tip is try wearing chapstick on your lips-the pink one...I think it's cherry flavor.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics