Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Kosher for Pesach dish detergent that works?
1  2  Next

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:23 pm
I usually buy Gefen dish detergent for Pesach, it's ok but not great. This year it's doing a terrible job. I was shocked to realize I already finished almost the whole bottle, I keep using more and more trying to get my dishes clean. Is there any kosher for Pesach dish detergent that actually works?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:27 pm
All of the dish detergents with an OU hechsher year round are kosher for Pesach without an additional hechsher per the OU -- Dawn, Palmolive, Joy, etc.

alef12

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:31 pm
I use Dawn, cheaper (buy it on sale with coupons) and it works! I like the regular blue dawn the best.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:32 pm
alef12 wrote:
I use Dawn, cheaper (buy it on sale with coupons) and it works! I like the regular blue dawn the best.

I prefer Dawn too and also think the original blue is best, but I do like the scent of the green (apple) so I often use it. Dawn is also the best thing for getting grease stains out of clothing.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:34 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
All of the dish detergents with an OU hechsher year round are kosher for Pesach without an additional hechsher per the OU -- Dawn, Palmolive, Joy, etc.

I never heard that before, I'm going to have to find out if we hold like that. Usually we're not so strict with such things, so hopefully I'll be able to use regular dish detergent. That would be amazing. Thanks.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:35 pm
OOTBubby wrote:
I prefer Dawn too and also think the original blue is best, but I do like the scent of the green (apple) so I often use it. Dawn is also the best thing for getting grease stains out of clothing.

This. I use dawn for everything including taking out food stains from my kids clothes.
But I didn't know that it was ok for pesach. I have using Palmolive and have not been too thrilled with the version I bought.
Thank you!

Last edited by ra_mom on Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Apr 05 2015, 10:36 pm
glutenless wrote:
I never heard that before, I'm going to have to find out if we hold like that. Usually we're not so strict with such things, so hopefully I'll be able to use regular dish detergent. That would be amazing. Thanks.

This information is available on line on both the OU and cRc websites and is stated in the various Pesach guides I've seen.

There are many lists of items that are kosher for Pesach without a specific Pesach hechsher.

ohmygosh

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 12:28 am
Quote:

This. According to Rabbi Blumentkrantz's book, all Dawn, Palmolive, Ivory and Joy dish detergents are good for Pesach use. I would never buy the kosher brands. They're awful.

losingweight

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 1:45 am
The st moritz detergents work very well and smell great.

elaela

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 4:44 am
st moritz is the only pessachdik one they sell here and I find it sooo much better than the all year round stuff I usually get.

sped

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 6:53 am
Fairy. Do they sell it over there? I used to bring it in to my parents.

tweety1

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 8:14 am
There are none. Even the st moritz does not work

chillax

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 8:32 am
I use Ajax. The same brand I use year round.

sourstix

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 8:33 am
I use sano the green one this year and its pretty good, I add cleanser from gefen and its a great job.

nylon

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 9:13 am
sped wrote:
Fairy. Do they sell it over there? I used to bring it in to my parents.

Fairy and Dawn are supposed to be the same formula, different markets. Both are made by P&G.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 9:33 am
losingweight wrote:
The st moritz detergents work very well and smell great.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't st moritz the one that burns?

Rubber Ducky

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 9:52 am
eema of 3 wrote:

Their oven cleaner is downright dangerous. I didn't know they make dishwashing liquid.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 9:53 am
eema of 3 wrote:

St. Moritz also makes an oven cleanser that is very strong and can burn. This is a dish detergent - different item.

sneakermom

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 9:57 am
ariela wrote:
st moritz is the only pessachdik one they sell here and I find it sooo much better than the all year round stuff I usually get.

My grocery sells it all year round. It has a badatz (not that it's necessary) and it washes better than Palmolive.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Apr 06 2015, 10:06 am
glutenless wrote:
I usually buy Gefen dish detergent for Pesach, it's ok but not great. This year it's doing a terrible job. I was shocked to realize I already finished almost the whole bottle, I keep using more and more trying to get my dishes clean. Is there any kosher for Pesach dish detergent that actually works?

I am using some I have left over from last year and it is fine. I wonder if they changed the formula.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics